Data Center Engineer - Durham, NC
Data Center Engineer
Mon-Friday, 1st Shift
Durham, NC 27703
Coordinate and perform installations, preventive and remedial maintenance of servers and storage equipment located within the LAB computing environment. Adhere to administrative policies and escalation procedures. Interface with server and storage vendors to establish successful integration of equipment into associated systems. Provides top level technical expertise and support to engineering departmental users. Works with engineering departments to develop hardware configuration test plans to support software development efforts. Demonstrates a high degree of self-initiative. Must be able to adapt to the changing daily priorities in a fast paced engineering lab environment. Performs other duties as required.
Principal responsibilities include:
• Provide general architectural level client/server and SAN/storage array support for the configuration and maintenance of the engineering computer lab systems for the lab computing environment
• Responsible for participating in the development of test configuration plans for the lab computing environment infrastructure
• Responsible for ensuring proper deployment of fiber-channel storage arrays, hosts, switches, software, and storage networking infrastructure
• Ensure that the technical environment is properly monitored and that any problems are rectified
• Maintain a working knowledge of all documented processes and procedures
• Identifies opportunities for improvements in efficiency and responsiveness, makes recommendations and assists to implement efficiencies
• Mentor and project-supervise less experienced Lab System Engineers
• Identify system or storage performance issues and participate in the development of tools to improve system management
• Provides technical expertise in the development of collaborative platform client application/customer interface
• Identify and execute on proactive and preventative system upgrades
• Pulling and Removing Cables, Rack & Stack. Install OS, basic configurations and uses basic trouble shooting techniques. Ability to image/ICA arrays and add to network.
• Engages with & challenges organization management both technically and strategically. Can create/manage communication using MS Office products.
• Anticipates changes and formulates plans to address
• Works with limited autonomy and under moderate direction. Routine work requires no direction. Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met.
• Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments
• Responsible for working on special assignments and prototype development projects. Works from developed test plans and written or verbal instructions.
• Provide general client/server and SAN/storage array support for the configuration and maintenance of the engineering computer lab systems for the lab computing environment
• Ensure that the technical environment is properly monitored and escalate any problems that occur
• Maintain a working of all documented processes and procedures
• Able to take tasks from start to finish, owning the entire process of the project; communicating appropriately with leadership as needed
• Communication skills
• Problem solving, Troubleshooting skills
• Analytical ability
• Timely Responsiveness
• 3-5 years related experience in IT Datacenter / R & D Engineering Lab
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Data Center Engineer
Location: Durham, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 324741
Posted Date: 5/9/2018