Senior Data Analyst - San Francisco, CA
We are currently looking for a senior Data analyst to join our asset and Liability Technology team. Responsible to work end-to-end technology process understanding business requirement, data analysis using SQL Tools, documentation and design to maintain business processes using user interfaces, integration, reporting and Analytics tools.
Title: Senior Data Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CADuration: 12 to 24 months based upon funding
- Conduct and manage strategic analyses of data environments, information management processes, applications and data disciplines to develop structured business solution.
- Working with business develop functional design document to cover business requirement.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of interface control documents.
- Develop and maintain documentation to address technology process covering business process, data security and data movement.
- In-depth knowledge of data analysis using SQL based tools (SQL Server or Oracle).
- Participates in unit testing, system integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Facilitate data mapping, and business rules definition sessions including use of interview, document analysis, workshops, etc.
- Maintains system and programming guidelines by adhering to the software development lifecycle.
- Responsible for user training and maintains communications with business team to resolve business issues.
- Assist with the development and enforcement of integration standards using knowledge of the current data environment, regulatory issues and industry trends to identify and implement leading industry data practices.
- Provides reference documentation by writing and maintaining functional and technical specifications.
- 7+ years of MS SQL Server experience, including experience with large-scale relational databases.
- Must have worked with at least one large application/data warehouse.
- Understanding of database maintenance processes (pertaining to Statistics, Indexes, Performance Analysis)
- Demonstrated understanding and execution through the phases of the development life cycle, including requirements definition, architecture design, implementation, conversion and testing
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills
- Experience in developing interface control documents, leveraging industry standard approaches and methodologies. Must have gone through several full life cycle implementations.
- Experience handling multiple changing priorities and meeting deadlines in a professional manner.
- Data Analysis Skill using SQL under Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle Database.
- Experience working on R or Python to manage large-scale data is a plus
Nice to have skills:
- Data Quality and Governance
- Ability to conduct discovery, perform root cause analysis, and make recommendations for the remediation of data quality issues
- Ability to design and recommend governance structures and control frameworks for the ongoing management of data at financial services organizations
- Experience with large scale data remediation projects, from issue identification, through to resolution as it relates to specific regulatory, risk, or operational issues
- Experience with key data analytics applications available in market
- Business Intelligence
- Facilitation and definition of reporting and analytics business requirements
San Francisco, CA
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Senior Data Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 325247
Posted Date: 5/14/2018