VMware Administrator - , TX
Senior VMware Administrator
Locations: Round Rock, TX; Hopkinton, MA; or Remote
Immediate need for a Senior VMware Administrator with experience supporting large Data Centers to join the IT team responsible for supporting virtual infrastructure.
• Proven experience as a seasoned VMware Administrator
• Deep technical knowledge and experience with VMware;
o VRA (aka vRealize Suite, formerly called vCenter Operations Management Suite)
• Seasoned VMware Administrator
• Experience supporting large Data Centers
• Experience supporting large, Enterprise level environments.
• Experience supporting Servers
• Experience with Hardware & VMware components
• support experience
• Good communication skills
Nice to Have:
• VMWare hyper-converged infrastructure experience
The IT Infrastructure Engineer leads the execution of project services for internal application teams. This is a hands on technical role that is responsible for the technical aspects of our private cloud and virtual IT infrastructure. Responsible for working with a wide range of technologies and platforms and re-platforming them to the private cloud. The candidate will work closely with the system engineers, storage admins and database admins for migration activities and support of virtual machines after migration. Provide technical leadership to other members of the team and provide smooth handover to operations teams after successful project execution.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Technical execution of professional services projects for cloud migration, planning.
• Interface with other technical teams and operations to ensure smooth services to the application teams
• Participates in cloud and infrastructure project planning and scoping
• Speak with application developers as a technical subject matter expert
• Work closely with Cloud Architects to identify new tools and approaches for projects
• Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure projects are scoped and executed successfully
• Candidate is willing to take on new challenges and work in a fast paced and agile work environment
• Be open to learning new technologies and approaches and will thrive on new challenges
• Advanced knowledge of infrastructure services, migration, disaster recovery, high-availability, Virtualization and hosting managed services
• Proven aptitude to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently multiple projects and tasks
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
• Strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines and achieve results
• Related Work Experience - 7+ Years
• Technical project experience in IT infrastructure and cloud
• Delivery of project services for cloud platforms & IT systems for VMWare based clouds
• Deep technical knowledge and experience with VMWare NSX & ESX platforms.
• Experience with operating systems administration and migration with a deep experience with either Windows or Linux
• Technical application administration or migration experience a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to clearly communicate with clients, program managers and management
• The ideal candidate will be able to work at least part-time from the Round Rock, TX or MA office. Its okay if the incumbent can only work onsite a few days a week and remote the rest of the time.
• Will also consider non-local candidates that are only able to work onsite for 2-3 weeks to get up to speed then remote 100%.
• Phone interview 1 hour; 30 min w/ Hiring Manager & 30 min with 3-4 technical team members
• Local candidates - an onsite interview may be requested to meet the team
• Non-local candidates; Skype or other video interview with Hiring Manager
Not planned to convert to FTE at this time, however it could be a possibility down the road if business needs allow.
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Systems
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: VMware Administrator
Location: , TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 325268
Posted Date: 9/24/2018