Sr. Cloud Advisor - Austin, TX or Hopkinton, MA, TX
Job Title: Cloud Sr. Advisor
Location: Austin, TX or Hopkinton, MA
The resource will be an integral part of the team and will be focused on driving key objectives related to our Modern Data Center Program.
The Cloud Sr. Advisor will join the internally facing, corporate Cyber Security Consulting organization with responsibility for contributing significant experience and technical skillset into company’s burgeoning Cloud Security and Business Enablement Center of Excellence. Under the supervision of the Cyber Security Consulting Director the Cloud Consultant will be considered a security and technical expert in Cloud technology, architecture, designs, systems implementation and integration and will assist in the development and communication of authoritative Cloud focused policies, standards, guidelines and control requirements. The Consultant will be required to perform technical research when necessary to contribute to setting Cloud security direction and strategy. The Sr. Advisor will also partner closely with teams to ensure the success of their Cloud programs and projects.
The Cyber Security Consulting organization’s core mission is to provide team members, vendors/suppliers, and customers a consistent, effective, and positive Security engagement experience. The work environment is fun and exciting while filled with ever changing opportunities to make an impact.
- Define security requirements and architectures while engaging directly with stakeholders within the Client’s Business Units and the Information Technology organizations to ensure products, services and solutions are designed to adhere to those requirements across the private, hybrid and public Cloud environments.
- Support the development of Cloud solutions that meet regulatory requirements including, but not limited to EU GDPR, PCI, SOX, HIPAA, etc.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and communication of Cloud security policies and procedures.
- Contribute into the development and delivery of a world class Cloud training program.
- Utilize program and project management techniques to drive successful initiatives.
- Engage on assigned initiatives, projects and programs.
- Participate in scheduled meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- CISSP, CISM, or CCSP certifications preferred
- 5+ years of Security experience
Technical Skills (looking for 5+ years or recent experience):
- Mastery of Cloud service and deployment models (e.g. CaaS, SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS) and proven experience migrating on premise solutions to the Cloud.
- Knowledge of Cloud-native/Cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, SAML, Ping, etc.).
- Experience working with Cloud access security brokers (CASBs) and other governance solutions designed to provide visibility into Cloud usage. Provide risk based recommendations to Executive leaders which address unsanctioned applications.
- Detailed technical knowledge and experience with network security, authentication, security protocols, access control, cryptography, application security & data protection.
- Coordinate with system architects &developers to provide guidance in creating and integrating secure Cloud based designs.
- Proven success with the following technologies: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMware virtualization solutions, Pivotal, Windows and Linux based platforms, etc.
- Advanced experience with leading laws, regulations, standards and best practices including, but not limited to, CSA CCM, NIST, ISO, PCI, Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, and EU GDPR.
- Experience building a security catalog of best practices, techniques and patterns to enable secure network implementations.
- Hands-on experience with multiple security technologies such as Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Vulnerability Scanning, WAF, Wireless LAN, NAC, DLP, DDoS Mitigation, WAN security, SIEM, Content Filtering, Cloud Security gateways, Secure Proxies, SSL crypto solutions.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing and shifting priorities.
- Ability to efficiently summarize complex, cross-organizational initiatives.
- Ability to help drive agreement on priorities through the influencing of and negotiation with stakeholders who at times may hold competing or conflicting goals.
- Ability to engage executive level stakeholders on complex matters in a substantive manner with little to no oversight and limited guidance.
- Ability to confidently and effectively present complex technical topics to senior non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of larger matrixed organization.
- Ability to quickly organize and direct virtual teams as necessary to accomplish goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pragmatic, results-driven, value focused and accountability-minded.
Austin, TX or Hopkinton, MA, TX
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Systems
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Sr. Cloud Advisor
Location: Austin, TX or Hopkinton, MA, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 325647
Posted Date: 6/21/2018