Senior IT Windows/Citrix/Horizon Engineer - round rock, TX
Senior IT Windows/Citrix/Horizon Engineer
Senior IT Windows/Citrix/Horizon Engineer Lead Windows server engineer on large scale Citrix Migration project.
Ensures optimum information access and server infrastructure performance and integrity. Ensures consistency and synchronization across Citrix/VMware Horizon server platform and integrates other infrastructure components.
Ensures Citrix/VMware Horizon server performance optimization, and maintenance by following operational procedures for maintaining and upgrading server platforms. Involved in supporting migration and expansion activities for Citrix/VMware Horizon. Works with other IT groups and business units. Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems and is regarded as knowledgeable in one or more supporting system platforms.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Technical Lead/SME as part of cross functional Citrix Migration Project
• Ensures proper resolution of migration problems that have been escalated
• Ensures proper deployment of new VMware Horizon computing architecture in accordance with practices and standards.
• Ensure that the technical environment is properly maintained and that any problems are rectified.
• Identify system performance issues and drives the development of tools to correct.
• Provides technical expertise in cross-functional and intra-departmental efforts.
• Knowledge Transfer post migration.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
• Extensive experience administering large scale Windows and Citrix Server installations.
• Deep experience with Windows PowerShell and how it can be used for automation of common system administration tasks
• Automation experience in delivering and managing virtual machines
• Expert in building, deploying, and supporting VMware Horizon on Windows virtual machines (Vmware) as part of highly virtualized environment.
• Experience with Citrix to VMware Horizon migration
• Familiarity with architecture of virtual computing environment, including relationships between the physical servers and the physical storage.
• Familiarity with understanding and implementing security controls on Windows and Citrix servers.
• Ability to work in a highly visible, fast paced environment with minimal supervision and major responsibility.
• Important to have an understanding of networking concepts as they relate to providing core services to Windows, VMware Horizon and Citrix servers, including Active Directory, Domain Name Systems, network time protocols, server firewalls, authentication, and network storage systems.
• Experience working on global teams that require high levels of communication.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT DESIRED:
· BS degree in CS or a related field or related experience
round rock, TX
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Software
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Senior IT Windows/Citrix/Horizon Engineer
Location: round rock, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 325750
Posted Date: 5/23/2018