Software Development Senior Engineer - Austin, TX
Job title: Software Development Senior Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: 6+ months with possible extension
Global Configuration Services (GCS) is looking for a Software Development Senior Engineer as a contingent worker role to join a team responsible for digital based service delivery. GCS (formerly CFI) is an organization that provides customized factory installed services for both Enterprise and Client customers.
This role will be working on RTS + 0 platform BIOS service enablement and sustaining so customer can order different configuration of BIOS options.
This role will be expected to:
- Leads or participates in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software products.
- Gathers business requirements and participates in product definition and feature prioritization
- Drives idea generation for new software products, or for the next version of an existing product.
- Reviews requirements, specifications and designs to assure product quality.
- BIOS service process enablement, development, integration, service enablement process validation, documentation, sustaining and support.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship and partnership with PG Client BIOS, BTO FI Core, Mdiags, SPM teams.
- Oversees the delivery of service enablement with defined schedule and quality guidelines, continue to drive improvement of best cost structure of the BIOS service offerings.
- Interacts with service product marketing, GCS Transition managers, PMs, Enablement, PE , and end-users to define service offering process integration requirement. • Define process of assessing customer requirement and provide support feasibility feedbacks.
- Analyze quality data and drive for improvement plan;
- Define process of providing technical assistance and advices for custom projects.
- Translate broad strategies into specific program, project objectives and action plans.
- Working with limited direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of BIOS service enablement for all supported platforms and meet service levels.
- Provide thought leadership, recommendations to management based on best practices and experience working in a global and diverse environment.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with management and articulate ideas and recommendations clearly.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with management ideas and recommendations for optimizing business operations, resources and fixed capacity.
- Strong scripting and programming knowledge and experience (especially in Python (but also scripting with DOS batch files, Java scripts, Perl, shell, and VB, and also SQL, XML, and programming languages).
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, both client and enterprise systems, x86 based Legacy and UEFI BIOSes. Along with diagnostics and factory tools run from the UEFI Shell.
- Working knowledge on firmware tools on different peripherals.
- Enterprise level troubleshooting. - Expertise with client operating systems including Win7, Win 10, WinPE and Linux.
- Expertise with enterprise operating systems including Windows 2008, Windows 2016 and Linux.
- Working knowledge of imaging tools including Ghost, Image-X.
- Experience with MS Visual Studio and VSS/source control methods.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies a strong plus. - Experience with Team Foundation Server(TFS)
Graduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience or - Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience
Preferred skills are:
- Experience in customer support, technical leadership, IT
- Bachelors degree in engineering, IT
- Technical Professional Certification (MCSD, MCSE, Linux, etc)
- Proven track record of process improvement or BPI certification
- Subject matter expertise in software architecture and design.
- Experience in a Factory Deployment environment.
- MSBuild experience would also be a plus.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Software Development Senior Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 325963
Posted Date: 5/21/2018