SOC Analyst - Irvine, CA
Position: SOC Analyst
This position is responsible for providing security monitoring services to client companies by gathering security events from security devices, network devices and computers in customer network to security monitoring system in a data center.
Work Location: Irvine, CA
Working Hours: 8 hours a day
Essential Job Functions
System Status and Job Monitoring
• Responsible for checking system and job status as scheduled.
• If either system or job status has failed, incumbent is responsible for recovery according to operation manuals and for reporting analysis to supervisor.
Real-Time Event Analysis
• Performs accurate and precise real-time security event analysis with security monitoring system, security devices and information online or other sources.• Reports any underdetermined event to the supervisor.
Security Event Notification to the Customer
• When analysis of security events is completed, incumbent is required to notify the events to the customers by phone call and/or email according to the operation manual and customer contact procedure.
• When security incident occurs, incumbent is required to change configuration on security devices to mitigate further threat according to the operation manual and the customer choice.
• Opens, updates and closes cases with case management system to track the status of security events and customer service requests.
• At the beginning and end of the shift, takes over from/to other SOC analysts about unclosed cases, service requests and something should be taken over.
• Runs report jobs and checks the status of jobs
• In order to develop reports, incumbent may be required to add contents manually and send to customer.
• Analyzing reports and notify to the customer if unusual security events are found.
• With new customers, incumbent is required to provide on-board training, including Q&A for on-boarding sheet, setting up security monitoring system, testing settings, finding security events, tuning monitoring contents etc.
• Gathers information periodically and places the information in the Company’s knowledge base.
• Reviews and updates the operation manual, when and if the operation flow is changed.
Customer Information Updates:
• Updates customer information whenever the change has been made, including contact information, escalation procedures and/or system updates/changes in customer environment.
Responses to Service Requests:
• Incoming calls and emails for the service requests from the customers such as further research of security events, requests detail information and updates of the customer information.
• When new versions of software and patches for security monitoring system are released, update them according to operation manuals.
Security monitoring system improvements:
• Update security monitoring system itself and contents of security monitoring system including monitoring rules, reports, or dashboard, etc. according to operation manuals.
• More than five years of work experience in IT field.
• Previous experience in design, documentation, provisioning and installation of network security devices (Firewall, IDS/IPS, WAF, etc) and Servers (Linux/Windows)
• Basic Network and Internet knowledge (TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, Routing, HTTP, DNS, SMTP, etc) and strong interest in IT security.
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Systems
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: SOC Analyst
Location: Irvine, CA
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 326086
Posted Date: 5/22/2018