Sr. IT Project Manager (SaaS/CRM Applications) - Waltham, MA
Location: Waltham, MA
Duration: 6 months+ Contract, chance for extension
Seeking a seasoned IT Project Manager to lead and manage software implementation projects (SaaS or Cloud based) related to business and systems initiatives. The PM must be comfortable to wear the hat as a Business Analyst at times with assisting in Requirements Gathering and Testing activities. An example would be leading a CRM project such a Salesforce.com (SFDC) implementation.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Effectively manage projects using project management best practices and following required Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) policies.
- Elicit requirements using interviews and workshops, document analysis and business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Create and distribute documentation as needed: Functional requirements, Business Requirements, Use Cases and End-to-End testing documents, Data Flow Diagrams
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team.
- Perform system unit and integration testing where necessary.
- Ensure appropriate IT processes, procedures, and standards are in place.
- Build and foster effective relationships between the business and IT.
- Oversee vendor relationships.
- Coordinate issue resolution with internal and external technical support providers.
- Introduce best practice and process improvement ideas wherever appropriate.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field; Project Management Institute (PMI) certification a plus.
- Experience within pharmaceutical/biotech industry a plus and NOT required
- Must have a proven track record to lead a small-to-mid-sized team.
- Experience with enterprise information management systems and software vendor selection.
- Demonstrated ability to manage several complex projects at the same time.
- Experience working with third-party implementers
Technical Knowledge/Skills Needed:
- Demonstrated Project Management skills. PMI or equivalent certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability managing SaaS based application implementations.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to develop and analyze business requirements and functional specifications for business software solutions
- Experience in biotech and pharmaceutical industry and best practices is desired
- Exhibits strong team skills, including facilitating group sessions.
Personal Attributes Needed:
- Ability to multitask – effectively manage simultaneous work requests across commercial, IT and other organizations.
- Strong work ethic, with a proven track record in successfully achieving goals.
- Ability to initiate, persuade and influence others on the best solutions to action.
- Self-starter with the ability to work on projects with minimum supervision while adding value to cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage under a straight and dotted line scenario.
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Software
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Sr. IT Project Manager (SaaS/CRM Applications)
Location: Waltham, MA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 326247
Posted Date: 5/24/2018