Telecom Design Engineer - Round Rock, TX
Job Title: Telecom Design Engineer / 326519
Location: Remote or Round Rock, TX
Duration: 6+ months with possible extension
Candidate needs to have experience supporting large/enterprise level companies.
- Avaya Architecture Contact Center experience
- Avaya Context Store
- Avaya Oceana
- Avaya DR3/Business Rules
- Genesys(nice to have)
- Provides leadership to a talented group of engineers to deliver innovative, high quality products on a foundation of architectural and engineering excellence.
- Maintain a strong culture of innovation, creativity, and fun
- Communicate and translate vision/strategy to co-workers. Responsible for executing on functional and business goals for assigned projects.
- Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
- Must be a strong technical decision maker.
- Responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems for several programs and projects
- Passionate about the customer experience, and ensure every visit is a great experience
- Cultivate strong collaborative environment internal and external departments.
- Responsible for ensuring strong operational standards and documentation
- Responsible for building strong vendor relationships
- Develops complex solutions to business problems or customer engagements through in-depth analysis, coordination and negotiation with key decision makers.
- Uses experience, innovation and judgment to make decisions that may be based on partial information.
- Considers Dell-wide implications of decisions and recommendations.
- Adapts and integrates own experience with Dell-wide strategy.
- Analyzes and forecasts business and market trends.
- Organizational expert within defined subject area.
- Integrates deep subject matter expertise with:
- Industry experience.
- In-depth knowledge of professional standards and trends within area of expertise. Relevant related disciplines.
- Business goals and strategy.
- Understands impact of emerging business trends and their implications for Dell and its customers.
- Develops innovative solutions to problems without precedent.
- Invents new products and processes to achieve strategic business objectives.
- Decisions are strategic in nature, have long-term consequence, and tend to relate to business strategy, financial performance and effective resource utilization.
- Guided by business plans and strategy.
- Executes goals and strategy within area of responsibility.
- Contributes to strategic decisions affecting the discipline.
- Initiates new or revised departmental procedures, programs and initiatives.
- Assesses and determines priorities within area of expertise.
- Structures and implements changes within the context of established strategy.
- Plans implementation of major change efforts.
- Leads large scale, global programs that contribute to the corporation’s success
- Contributes to business results through quality of results, advice and decisions.
- Develops standards around which others will operate.
- Designs and develops global processes, systems and/or applications.
- Contributes to leadership.
- Influences a broad spectrum of stakeholders toward achieving business goals.
- Builds consensus.
- Ensures understanding of technical matters by non-technical, executive decision makers.
- Develops mutually beneficial strategic alliances with customers.
- Advises and councils key leadership on the latest principles, practices, and/or technologies and their practical application.
- Designs, plans, and leads implementation of global telecommunication voice systems.
- Represents the department and acts as technical consultant on large project teams for phone systems requirements, acquisition, implementation, and enhancements.
- May serve as primary liaison between telecommunication vendors and leadership.
- Evaluates progress and results and recommends major changes in procedures.
- Keeps abreast of latest technology advances.
- Provides telecommunication voice hardware and software solutions to undefined business user needs.
- Extensive knowledge of business user requirements.
- Consistently provides direction and mentoring to less experienced team members.
- Involved in vendor management.
- Works on telecommunication voice projects of considerable magnitude and complexity.
- Leadership on practical applications and limitations of proposed upgrades and projects.
- Designs, plans and leads implementation of automation solutions to improve operational efficiencies.
- Extensive knowledge of computer telephony integrations and user to user information technologies.
- 10+ years of experience in voice engineering, primarily in the Contact Center space
- Strong technical background, and experience in building next generation reference architectures and solutions to enable business strategies
- In-depth knowledge and experience in contact center with a proven track record
- Experience in a large global and multi-channel environments, with experience in Omni-channel strategy and execution
- Experience managing and optimizing operation and program budgets
- Strong organizational planning and development, business judgment, influential skills and technical leadership
- Experience in services and support, and working knowledge of end-user/customer experience
- Strong communication and relationship skills
- Experience communicating vision for best in class IVR applications and benchmarking.
- Experience with User acceptance testing and change control
- Strong experience with leading business strategy and direction for IVR with business partners
- Experience with defining REST API standards
- Industry knowledge of the retail and electronic commerce space; with an emphasis on the purchase path
- Keen interest in keeping up to date on the latest trends and technologies
- Experience on SCRUM methodology and operation in an AGILE development environment
- Experience with establishing processes, controls, risk management and resource allocation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience with defining REST API standards
- Experience with Java programing language
- Experience with Avaya Contact Center products such as but not limited to Aura Elite, Experience Portal, System and Session Manager, PodFX, Context Store, Breeze and Dynamic Routing.
Shows excitement and asks questions, naturally inquisitive
Round Rock, TX
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Telecom Design Engineer
Location: Round Rock, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 326519
Posted Date: 8/7/2018