Database Developer/Analyst - West Des Moines, IA
Ranked as a top Fortune 100 Financial Services company, our client has an opening for a Sr. Database Developer/Analyst. This is initially an 18 month contract position and has the potential to extend to 24 months. You could choose from any of the following three worksite locations: Des Moines IA, Charlotte NC, or Minneapolis MN.
Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a Fortune 100 company with around $2.0 trillion in assets. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Check out the qualifications below. If you feel that you meet these, please apply online. Let us help you make that next great career decision!
- This position will provide consulting and oversight to application development for data solutions and usage of tools and capabilities for effective data management.
- Responsible to provide and drive direction for key technology, best practices, develop common patterns/components and establish repeatable, consistent and reusable solutions across development team(s).
- Works closely with business and technical leadership, serving as an expert resource for the technology domain, bringing forth opportunities to better the business and influencing decisions regarding technology changes.
- Candidate will be part of the data technology team. Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides, allocate and manage resources and manages the work of less experienced staff.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversee creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
- 5 - 7 years hands-on experience in application/data architecture and solution design
The ideal candidate would:
- Have experience working with complex vendor software, reliable third party technologies/tools.
- Identify, research, evaluate (POC), recommend and develop new technology/solution that best serves business needs/values.
- Have strong experience in documenting solution design documents/catalog of patterns
- Leverage various internal and external resources during solution design to ensure solution meets the specified design.
- Partner with Development team(s) to review the business requirements and to determine whether an existing solution/partner can be leveraged or need to create new.
- Participate in FSD review to ensure compliance with application architecture and Solution Standards/Best Practices
- Possess strong knowledge and experience in data management
- 3 - 5 years hands-on of experience with Exadata/Oracle Database
- 5 - 7 years hands-on of experience with Ab Initio (AI) ETL development and/or AI administration
- 3 - 5 years hands-on of experience with Big Data/MapR technology
- Hands on experience in SQL and PL/SQL
- 3-5 years of Extensive experience in Unix shell scripting
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills with comfort in delivering presentations to groups
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities to meet business goals
- Possess strong conceptual, communications and technical skills, Eager to learn new tools and Technologies with Team firs attitude Working with Onshore/Offshore model
- Facilitation skills to Lead discussion that result in consensus and buy-in
- SCM(Harvest) / SVN experience
- MQ experience, NDM experience
- Code build/deployment capabilities, Good Knowledge of Database and Storage replication concepts
- ETL tools
- Documentation skills to deliver artifacts with clarity and easily understood by Business partners and Technology partners
- Project discipline to plan design and development activity
- Leadership experience leveraging team members to assist with platform management efforts
- Relationship management history with business partners (SMEs, Stakeholders, PMs) and technology teams (Architects, Data Modelers, Data Analysts, Application Developers, QA)
This is a W2 position with Advantage Resourcing. Will not accept resumes from recruiters or agencies.
We offer benefits for purchase that include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance as well as an excellent 401k plan.
Advantage Reference # 323989
West Des Moines, IA
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Database Developer/Analyst
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 326852
Posted Date: 5/30/2018