Senior Marketing Manager, Restaurant Industry - Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior Marketing Manager
Industry: Restaurant Operation
Location: Irvine, CA
Compensation: Base salary up to 110K, bonus up to 50K (Base + Bonus from 100K – 160K)
Experience: Someone who has marketing experience in below restaurants strongly preferred.
(Halal Guy, Luna Grill, California Fish Grill, True Food Kitchen, Kung Fu Tea)
Supervisory responsibilities: Also will oversee PR and Brand Communication functions within the Marketing of three other staff.
Reports to: CEO/President
Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for building the company brand’s equity and achieving the brand’s business objectives (sales, share, profit). As the marketing leader for the brand, this individual will play a crucial role of defining and managing the brand’s strategic growth plans.
A successful candidate must be able to think strategically and lead his/her team of Marketing, Promotion & Public Relations and Brand Communication, but also be willing to dive into details to ensure flawless execution.
• By working closely with Operations Controller, develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services. Track progress vs. expectations and make adjustments as needed to deliver the goals
• By working closely with Operations Controller, directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
• Meet or exceed annual individual sales goals and objectives within the prescribed time frame
• Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
• Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets.
• Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
• Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
• Ensures effective control of marketing results and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
• Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
• Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
• Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
• Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
• Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
• Directs market channel development activity.
• Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
• Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
• Directs product research and create new product proposal.
• Lead and build alignment to a social media strategy. Develop the organization’s capabilities to manage and oversee execution.
• By working closely with Executive Management, creates Registration Statement and successfully completes any marketing related projects for IPO.
• Supervises, educates and instructs staff in Marketing Department including Promotions & Public Relations function.
• Seeks constant improvement or more efficient and less expensive ways and means in department work processes.
• Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient delivery.
• Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by executive management.
• Follows up to complete any assigned work.
• Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
• Reports all irregular issues and problems to executive management.
• Maintains good communication with executive management, office staff members and outside contacts.
• Complies and maintains confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
• Adaptability - Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes
advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions. Ability to remain open-minded and impartial. Keeps in mind what’s best for the Company and for the employees.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
Above average ability to use personal computer for word processing, data entry, and automated time systems.
Attention to detail and accuracy regarding time and organizational management. Requires multitasking and extensive customer service skills, and the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced working environment.
Ability to foster and maintain positive working relationships with all levels of management and store personnel. Ability to apply basic skills relative to office administration. Must possess personal qualities related to respect for the rights and confidentiality of others.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in a field such as advertising, marketing or business administration.
MBA preferred. A minimum of five years’ experience in restaurant, retail or hospitality industries.
Have the knowledge, skill, and creative development equivalent to develop promotions campaigns.
Requires above average knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Minimum eight years of Marketing experience in Restaurant industry with progressive career.
Proven leadership capabilities with strong attention to detail.
Experience with core marketing systems including brand identity, brand architecture, consumer research, pricing strategies, alternative marketing models, and social/mobile marketing. Excellent communication skills with ability to make recommendations and support with logical rationale.
Requires the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
Requires knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence/paragraph structure, and formatting.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Bilingual in Japanese preferred but not required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Local traveling by car is required.
United States of America
Japanese / Japanese
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Senior Marketing Manager, Restaurant Industry
Location: Irvine, CA
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 326933
Posted Date: 9/4/2018