Process Test Technician - Painted Post, NY
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Process/Testing Technician to work onsite in Painted Post, NY. While this is a 1 year contract position it has the potential to extend. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Working Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
OT: On a case by case basis
Scope of Position:
When Gorilla Glass is applied to auto interior as display cover lens or decorative material, it must meet the automotive industry's reliability requirements, such as Headform Impact Test (HIT) and other in-use reliability tests. You will work in the area of HIT for auto interior displays. This includes conducting HIT experiments to generate data for customer requests and fundamental understanding.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Carry out HIT experimental plans which include material/supplies ordering, arrangement of machining, equipment set up, performing experiments and data collection/processing.
• Develop documentation for each experiment.
• Maintain HIT lab equipment and cleanness.
• Participate in team brainstorming for experimental plan and result.
• General support of experiments that will be conducted in the Lab.
• Knowledge of MS Office software.
• Ability to use hand tools along with power tools such as drills, saw etc.
• Ability to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all equipment and systems.
Additional skills needed:
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Physical ability of bending, lifting ~30 pounds
• Effective communication skills in both verbal and written formats.
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work at all levels of the organization, understand/value and respect personality differences.
• Proactive at problem solving and preventive actions for future issues.
• Rapid response for the fast-moving business.
• Team player
• Technical background in mechanical structures
Minimum of AAS degree is required
Painted Post, NY
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Process Test Technician
Location: Painted Post, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 327019
Posted Date: 5/31/2018