Shipping and Receiving Specialist - Bedford, MA
Shipping and Receiving Specialist
- Performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for fulfilling expedited requests for customer escalation issues.
- Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of received goods and rejects unsatisfactory items.
- Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift or pallet jack.
- Performs a variety of coordinating, routing, and material handling duties to meet production schedules.
- Expedites parts to remedy shortage problems.
- Monitors the flow of materials and parts between departments in order to meet scheduled commitments.
- Maintains and updates the purchase order system as shipments are received, cancelled or back ordered.
- Processes inventory paperwork.
- Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped.
- Examines, stocks and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines.
- Shipping and Receiving in a high security environment.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Manages overall shipping process and flow of work for area
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced team members
- Regularly interacts with external carriers in the shipment of products
- Makes recommendations on assignment within an area to meet demands
- Trains new team members on tasks, processes and procedures
- Assists team lead in processes and direction
- Leads the completion of special projects
- Resolves discrepancy and escalated issues
- Ability to perform skills outlined in Job Description
- SAP experience
- UPS/FedEx interface to ship, along with the ability to set up special freight (carriers)
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Location: Bedford, MA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 327428
Posted Date: 6/20/2018