Documentation Control Specialist - Painted Post, NY
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Document Control Specialist in Painted Post, NY. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Support knowledge documentation and control within the IT Infrastructure Operations service line to improve overall quality and ensure the success of repeatable processes.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Proactively update existing documents as needed and work with subject matter experts to document new processes, work instructions, knowledge base articles or other documentation
• Determine appropriate document type and storage location (ACE, ServiceNow) based on established criteria
• Work with subject matter experts to review updated documentation, ensuring content is accurate, easy to follow and formatted correctly
• Work with document owners to ensure audits are performed and completed on time
• Determine any duplication and/or what documents can be combined
• Determine any docu mentation that can be obsoleted, make appropriate recommendation and retire per established process
• Analyze and identify documentation opportunities and gaps across towers
• Recommend visual aids, including diagrams, tables and flow charts, to enhance documentation and optimize the impact of provided information
• Enlist the assistance of cross-functional team members as needed for content accuracy
• Document process work flows and update existing ones as needed
• Suggest improvements for streamlining processes
Required Experience and Education
• Minimum 5 years preparing documentation such as work instructions or procedures.
• Process/procedure or technical writing experience.
• MS Office Suite, with advanced Microsoft Word skills, including styles, multilevel lists, tables, indents, spacing, pagination, pictures, table of contents, etc.
• Proficient typing skills
• Experience mapping processes using Visio or similar tools
• Knowledge/understanding of a minimum of two of the following information technology areas and how they work together; Networking, Servers, Storage, Backup, Access Controls and Permissions, Security Operations, Integrations, Messaging, Databases, etc.
• Fluent in Outlook, able to email and coordinate meeting requests and schedule room,s
• WebEx or similar tool for online meetings
• Proficiency in image-capture software, such as Snagit
Education and Experience
• Associates Degree
• Experience with ServiceNow, Remedy or other Service Desk ticketing tool
Painted Post, NY
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Documentation Control Specialist
Location: Painted Post, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 327527
Posted Date: 6/6/2018