CNC Programmer - Esprit / Solidworks - Houston, TX
Global Oil and Gas manufacturing company is currently seeking a CNC Programmer with strong experience utilizing Esprit, 3D CAD, SOLIDWORKS Simulations.
This is a direct hire opportunity with full benefit package working 1st shift.
The CNC Programmer will be responsible for organizing, planning and formulate efficient operational programs for numerical control machines through the application of pre-determined or a current/established manufacturing engineering methods in order to deliver plan, organize and formulate efficient operational programs for numerical control machines through the application of established or pre-determined manufacturing engineering methods to provide first-class utilization of machine capabilities and tooling arrangements.
- Formulate efficient operational programs that maximize machine utilization and product quality to assure customer expectations are met.
- Responsible for coordinating/partnering with the Manufacturing Engineer to update routers for part programs created or modified.
- Complete and maintain the program documentation and filing system
- Ability to be proactive with a high sense of urgency to respond to short-term needs of the shop to keep the CNC machines running at 100% efficiency
- Contribute to the cost reduction program by actively seeking and reporting opportunities for cost reduction
- Utilize Esprit CAD CAM software
- Stay abreast of the most current knowledge in processes, tools, methods, etc. to effectively implement
- Responsible for verifying program accuracy using simulations
- Develop and maintain strong / open communication with all personnel by accepting suggestions and instructions
- Work with attention to detail while maintaining a clean and organized workspace.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 plus years of CNC programming using Esprit or a min of 5 yrs. experience running and programming machines with Solidworks
- Strong 3D Modeling system and creation experience a must
- Vertical Turret Lathes (VTL) & Horizontal Boring Mill experience
- Must have strong ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Proven ability and experience in the above mentioned responsibilities.
- Strong mechanical and technical abilities/experience to complete a job from start to finish
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: CNC Programmer - Esprit / Solidworks
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 327581
Posted Date: 6/6/2018