Software Engineer - Sterling Heights, MI
We currently have an opening in Sterling Heights, MI for an Entry-Level Software Engineer to work on a Military Vehicle program.
- This entry-level position demands strong technical and communication skills required to develop and support a variety of business and production systems.
- Tasks include technical support, application user training, answering technical and operations questions, and provide system solution recommendations to solve business or technical issues.
- Candidate must have the ability to plan, analyze, design, test, implement and support software applications, with strong skills in database design, programming/scripting, project leadership and work/contribute to team discussions.
- Additionally, this position calls for a creative candidate that possesses out of the box thinking capabilities to develop and coordinate solutions needed to address immediate issues and document all new and updated processes.
- The candidate of choice must work in a team environment to support, analyze, and derive requirements and assist in the development of new products or improve existing applications.
- Candidate will initially train and work on large multinational Content Management System (CMS) producing Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) for US Army and others.
- CMS work requires all skills listed in job requirements.
- Support department computer assets and user software requirements.
- Work with desktop, network and security departments as personnel requirements change.
- Assist in process development and improvement projects, maintain product quality control and adhere to standard practices in product development.
- Evaluate emerging standards, specifications, development tools, and determine impact on current requirements and recommend alternative solutions that add value.
- Work directly with management to identify and address future program needs and gaps.
- Investigate customer inquiries and respond in a timely fashion.
- Update processes or software as necessary.
- Support requirements for baseline control, content/configuration.
- Support App development for IOS, Android or Windows.
- Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Computer programming and scripting skills including Perl, Visual Basic, Unix shell scripts, SQL Server, PL/SQL, XML, and Java, SGML.
- Must have iSO, Android and Windows App development experience.
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix operating systems / development environments.
- Knowledge of common Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) including SQL Server.
- Must have personal computer skills (competent with MS Office applications).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills required.
- Must have strong analytical and creative skills to comfortably solve complex problems that might involve ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Must have a strong propensity to record and document processes, software and source code.
- Must be able to perform in a team environment including team leadership when required.
- Comply with ISO standards and ITAR regulations as required.
- Must adhere to strict project schedules and meet extremely high quality standards.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
- Document Type Definitions (DTD), schema, and XSLT a plus.
- Experience with Logistics Management Information (LMI) and including application administration a major plus.
- Programming, Perl, C++, and XSLT experience in school is a plus.
Sterling Heights, MI
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Software
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 328081
Posted Date: 6/12/2018