Network Transport Technician - Littleton, CO
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for an Operations Technician in Littleton, CO. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done. Positions could be extended for one year but positions will maintain contractor status.
Standard Full Time Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm; Flexibility Required - Sponsor may occasionally ask a contractor to report for a different shift with advanced notice.
*High School Diploma/GED Required, Associate's Degree Strongly Preferred; 5+ years Required; Assignment May Extend/Convert;
- Specialized technician working and managing complex assignments within the national and international network systems maintenance activities.
- Serve as primary central point of contact for orders within the Network Implementation organization. Coordinates with various departments and vendors to ensure on-time delivery of service to customers.
- Manages a variety order types and is required to continue to expand knowledge on new technology and complex order type.
- Resolves network problems involving network hardware and software. Uses software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose network status and problems; conducts complex network monitoring equipment installation and maintenance activities.
- The ability to provision complex Broadband and Ethernet circuits in various types of both national and international transport equipment.
- Engages other technical assistance teams to assist with trouble resolution on install and re-groom activities.
Required Skills, Systems, Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5+ years of relevant experience
-Knowledge of network architecture for multiple products.
- Ideal candidate possesses thorough knowledge within DWDM; Fujitsu 9500; 4100; 4100ES; 4500;7120. CIENA 6500; 5400s; Corestream, Nortel classic oc192/48; Optera DX; 1600; Infinera DTN; DTN-x; Cisco 15454; 15310; Optera; Tellabs; Lambda Unite and Xtreme, Alcatel and various Router / Frame / ATM support
- Desirable experience also includes hands-on installation, maintenance, and tuning of data communication system software components, hardware/software operating in a networked environment
- Works well with internal customers and engineering from start and complete orders in a timely manner.
- Expert knowledge of transport equipment and a strong understanding of LAN and WAN technology.
- Strong understanding of SDH.
- Master of basic transport topology.
- Knowledge of Complex Ethernet
- Strong knowledge of layer 1/2 OSI model
- Experience with basic commands transport equipment.
- Understanding of advanced transport testing methodology.
Preferred Skills, Systems, Experience:
- Associates Degree
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of technical transport experience
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Network Transport Technician
Location: Littleton, CO
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 329123
Posted Date: 6/20/2018