Mechanical Engineer - Sterling Heights, MI
Sterling Heights Mi.
Responsibilities for Mechanical System Engineer:
- System to system interaction & clearance, system accessibility for installation & maintenance, and system level requirements compliance.
- Development and maintenance of Pro/E (CREO) Master Model and Interface assemblies.
- Develop space claims for static condition, dynamic condition, sway, shot line, and keep out zones.
- Develop and maintain Product Structure and establish preliminary EBOM.
- Support concept development, perform space claim development/refinement, and perform Design Integration reviews using Pro/E (CREO) & Vis Mockup.
- Perform human modeling analyses (e.g., JACK) to develop and assess design and integration solutions for Crew Stations.
- Perform Human Factors mission, function, and task analysis.
- Establish and conduct a System Safety Program that evaluates the system for safety concerns.
- Perform safety analysis tasks and document safety hazards, working with the appropriate personnel to eliminate hazards or mitigate them to an acceptable level.
- Support concurrent engineering reviews, tech reviews, drawing sign-off, and internal/external checkpoint reviews.
- Support trial fits and vehicle builds
- Perform system/component interference and clearance analysis; compile reports clearly documenting results, impacts, and recommended solutions.
- Track status of Design and Drafting activities relative to program milestones. Resolve issues that impact meeting program milestones.
- Identify critical interfaces and coordinate interface definition with impacted organizations/vendors.
- Develop and Maintain Interface Control Drawings, Class & Division drawings, Installation drawings, General Assembly Drawings, Appurtenance Drawings, Turret & Hull Weldment drawings.
- Interface with Program Office, Design Engineering, Systems Engineering, Logistics, Vetronics, Manufacturing, Design Services, vendors, and USG.
Other job requirements
- Defense Contractor experience desired.
- Good computer skills required in the following: PC (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, Internet Explorer).
- Software: Pro/Engineer (CREO), Team Center Vis-Mockup, SpaceClaim, JACK Human Modeling tool.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Occasional travel.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
Education and Experience
- Required Education: Bachelor of Science Major, Mechanical Engineering
- Experience: 2-3 years CAD Design, or Vehicle Packaging, or System Integration
Sterling Heights, MI
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 329992
Posted Date: 7/13/2018