CAD Technician - Corning, NY
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a CAD Technician to work onsite in Corning, NY. While this is a 1 year contract it has the potential to extend beyond that. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions.
- Prepare design drawings, details and sketches from sketches, concepts or mark-ups provided by engineering or project management staff. Draw and plot drawings to scale, as required.
- Work under the direction of the Project Manager to design complex drawings, such as P&ID, construction documents, routine design layouts, detailed drawings, equipment skid and piping.
- Prepare complex drawings (e.g., PFDs, P&IDs, scaled equipment layouts and equipment details).
- Prepare and work with bills of material (BOMs) and other construction documents.
- Develop equipment/material schedules and material takeoffs from drawings or sketches. Support preparation of requests for bids for subcontractors and material vendors, as directed. Education Required:
Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- CAD training (2yr. Associates degree in Drafting Technology or Equivalent degree)
- 5+ years CAD experience
- Proficiency in SolidWorks/PRO E
- Strong understanding of mechanical design fundamentals and practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: CAD Technician
Location: Corning, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 330233
Posted Date: 8/27/2018