Splunk Engineer / Splunk Architect - Round Rock, TX
Job Title: Sr. Splunk Engineer/Architect / 330657
Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Location: Round Rock, TX
Looking for a Sr. Splunk Engineer/Architect, who will provide overall engineering and design support for a very large distributed Splunk environment consisting of heavy forwarders, indexers, and search head servers, spanning security, performance, and operational roles.
The Splunk engineer will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows.
The candidate should be familiar with recognizing and onboarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
The Splunk engineer should be familiar with Windows and Linux environments, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
The Splunk engineer will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards.
The Splunk engineer will be required interact with senior management, as necessary.
- Designing, engineering, configuring and administering Splunk content Assisting in the proper operation and performance of Splunk, plug-ins, loggers and connectors
- Building Splunk reports Developing dashboards with visual metrics for stakeholders
- Defining strategy and design around data collection, aggregations, and summarization processes
- Integrating external data sources into Splunk
- Enforcing best practices related to summarizing and querying data
- Developing advanced scripts for the manipulation of multiple data repositories to support analyst requirements
- Partnering with other enterprise teams to support data capture and advanced data analytics and forecasting efforts to support proactive identification of issues
- Providing recommendations and implement changes to optimize Splunk products in the customer environment
- Designing the Splunk system solution to meet growth while maintaining a balance between performance, stability, scalability and agility SIEM content management
- Ability to develop use cases, search and reporting scripts
- Create, optimize, and continuously evaluate security monitoring content (correlated searches/alerts) on Splunk ES.
Round Rock, TX
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Software
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Splunk Engineer / Splunk Architect
Location: Round Rock, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 330657
Posted Date: 7/5/2018