GIS Analyst - Pittsburgh, PA
Position : GIS Analyst
Location : Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Duration : 1 year with possible extension
The main function of this GIS Analyst position is to provide project and operations support utilizing the company's Geographic Information Systems.
• Interpret requestor requirements and develop useful GIS solutions.
• Load, reference, project and prepare data from outside providers.
• Prepare land owner exhibits, remediation plans, and erosion and sedimentation control plans using ArcGIS products.
• Setup and maintain spatial databases and database connections.
• Design GIS database schemas.
• Manage multi-department projects and coordinate resources to deliver on project deliverables.
• Classify, analyze, and process remotely sensed data, namely raw LAS and LiDAR.
• Create hill shade and contour data from raw remotely sensed data.
• Create accurate and repeatable processes to meet consistent deliverable deadlines.
• Share deliverables across multiple platforms and in many formats.
• Lead and train cross functional teams to access and utilize GIS data and applications.
• Communicate with stakeholders and management on progress.
****Must have experience in remote sensing including LiDAR classification and processing.****
• Proficient in the use of ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 or higher and Google Earth.
• Advanced knowledge of LiDAR classification and processing methods.
• Advanced understanding of data management and large data storage methods.
• Proficient in managing projects and delivering products.
• Bachelors degree in GIS or related field (geography, design and drafting technology).
• 5-7 years of experience in utilizing GIS.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 330729
Posted Date: 7/5/2018