Validation Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- The Validation Engineer's responsibilities include performing verification and validation of automotive systems to meet federally regulated guidelines for software performance (OBD), safety requirements, manufacturability, and vehicle functionality.
- The Validation team is responsible for the validation of hardware, software, and vehicle functionality.
- Responsible for developing master DVP's for Vehicle Validation, creating and managing DVP&R's, the test procedures (including maintaining traceability of test artifacts to requirements), and initial root cause analysis activities.
- Additionally, the team is responsible for properly documenting test procedures and developing new tests as appropriate to enhance coverage.
- The Validation Engineer shall ensure test properties functionality for validating the appropriate functions, performing the tests and entering test results at all I-Points for all programs.
- The engineer will clearly document issues in PITS or GIM, and provide Validation Project Chief all DVP&R results and open issues found.
- The validation engineer provides leadership in the areas of formulation and implementation of testing strategies including traceability from requirements to results to achieve broader testing capabilities across multiple vehicle platforms.
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 3-5 years validation processes, developing test plans (behavior/switching based), vehicle and/or component validation activities.
- Automotive Lighting experience highly preferred but not required.
- Experience desired in lighting regulations and EE systems behavior. Knowledge of headlamp, tail lamp, small lamp technologies, design practices and regulatory compliance specifications helpful but not required.
- Working knowledge of NX/Teamcenter Shainin and/or DFSS blackbelt experience preferred.
- Experience developing performance standards and source packages is helpful.
- Track record of strong leadership.
- Must be self-directed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required to support design/development process.
- Candidate will work with assembly plant processes and some travel is required.
- May be required to drive a company car.
- Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally (Canada) 20%
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Validation Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 330739
Posted Date: 7/10/2018