Reliability Test Engineer - Muskegon, MI
Reliability Test Engineer
We are currently seeking a seasoned Reliability Test Engineer for a 5+ month contractual opportunity with our client in Muskegon, MI. The qualified candidate will report to the Manager of Systems Engineering and Material Science.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for accelerated test design and analysis for engine and transmission systems and subcomponents and for implementing statistical product validation testing methods.
- Responsible for writing risk assessment reports (based on field or final test failures), FMEACA reports, and FMEAs.
- Improve and document the Reliability Engineering Process with processes, document templates, or standards.
- Author for engineering technical reports for submission to the customer (such as risk assessment, validation reports, etc.).
- Responsible to participate in new engine and transmission proposal.
- Provide input to product specifications and design verification test plans to ensure that they adequately captures all data to assess requirements compliance.
Education / Experience Required:
- BS in Reliability Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, EE, Physics, or equivalent technical
- With BS degree, must bring a minimum of three (3) years of engineering experience
- With Master’s Degree, must bring up to two (2) years of experience
- Ability to use published data or experimental results to determine failure mode acceleration factors, to design accelerated component and system validation tests, and ability to correlate tests to equivalent vehicle field usage.
- Ability with statistical product validation methods, creating Weibull plots, interpreting Weibull plots, and using test results to determine product reliability at a % confidence at an equivalent field mileage.
- Able to run Minitab or other reliability software like ReliaSoft Weibull ++.
- Ability to develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and experience with root-cause and Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCA, RCFA).
- Ability to complete Failure mode, effects and criticality analysis (FMECA) reports and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Ability to write risk assessment reports to quantify product reliability risks in the field based on field failures, final test failures, or component non-conformances.
- Understanding of failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS).
- Ability to utilize all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to write and review technical reports.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Reliability Test Engineer
Location: Muskegon, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 331906
Posted Date: 7/18/2018