Data Scientist - Painted Post, NY
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Data Scientist to work onsite in Corning, NY. While this is a 12+ month contract position it has the potential to extend to 24 months. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions.
- Experience with analytics on structured, semi-structured and unstructured datasets in static and streaming modes
- Experience with supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning methods. Advanced implementation experience with methods in at least two areas.
- Experience with toolkits such as scikit-learn, R, NumPy, SciPy, Matlab, Weka, Azure machine-learning studio, AWS, TensorFlow etc. In-depth expertise in at least one of these.
- Experience with SQL as well as NoSQL databases such as MSSQL, Hive, HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB including data structure, querying and visualization.
- Experience working in agile/scrum mode
- Knowledge/experience with advanced analytics in statistical process control, market analysis, advertising, medical research or other domains
- Experience evaluating libraries, toolkits and machine learning environments
- Preferred - additional experience with big data stacks such as MapR, HortonWorks and Cloudera
- Willingness to learn new packages and tools
- Experience with documenting various phases of entire data analytics cycle
- Teamwork and collaboration to mix research mind-set with practical business value of data
- Demonstrated ability to answer a seemingly simple business question with a pragmatic machine learning approaches
- Coaching / teaching advanced analytics to various audiences
Education / Experience Required
- Masters in Math, Statistics, Advanced Analytics (or Bachelors with 3+ years of relevant experience)
- 3+ years of experience in addition to Masters. (Preferred: 5+ years in addition to Masters)
- Industry certifications in data analytics, statistics or machine learning are a plus
Painted Post, NY
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Painted Post, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 331925
Posted Date: 7/18/2018