COBOL Mainframe Developer - Minneapolis, MN
Exciting 1-2 year contract opportunity for a COBOL Developer with our Fortune 500 Financial Services client in Minneapolis, MN. The ideal candidate will have prior work experience using COBOL, JCL, CICS, MQ, DB2, and Stored Procedures. Must be eligible to work for any company in the United States. No Corp-to-Corp available.
Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications. Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code. Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts. Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs. Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production. Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides. Leads projects, allocates and manages resources and manages the work of less experienced staff. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
- 7+ years application development and implementation experience
- Experience with COBOL, JCL, CICS, MQ, DB2, and Stored Procedures
- Able to perform analysis, research, design, coding, testing, and implementation (full development life cycle)
- 1st Shift opportunity, but will be required to work some nights and weekends during production implementation and for problem solving.
– Advantage Reference # 332165
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: COBOL Mainframe Developer
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 332165
Posted Date: 7/18/2018