Assembly - Production Tech - Sunnyvale, CA
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical evasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority. Intuitive Surgical offers excellent benefits and the opportunity to contribute to a revolutionary technology that benefits surgical efficiency.
Preference to applicants available to work Shift 1 and Sift 2. However, consideration will be given to applicants who can work either Shift 1 or Shift 2, plus OT.
Primary Function of Position:
Assembly Technicians assemble a variety of products, meeting quality and productivity goals, within a manufacturing work environment. This person would work closely with fellow team members, the area Lead, and the supervisor to achieve team performance goals in the areas of Efficiency, DPU, Hours Reporting Accuracy, Scrap, Inventory Accuracy, and Time Lost Accuracy. Goals are set in each of these areas for each quarter and overall team performance is measured against them.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assemble a variety of products according to standard work instructions and prints.
- Operate and set up (as needed), production equipment/fixtures.
- Become proficient at multiple assembly tasks while meeting requirements for workmanship, safety and productivity.
- Perform preparation work such as line clearance and changeover.
- Perform inspection of own and other's work. Perform simple repairs on own or other's work.
- Mentor others in areas of expertise (as needed).
- Properly complete manufacturing documentation. Initiate basic material requests, report quality issues, report efficiency, record measurements as needed. May report work order information into computer.
- Maintain the accuracy of identification and count of point-of-use materials. Accurately determine and report material shortages.
- Follow all corporate, regulatory, safety and production policies and procedures.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Must be available to work Overtime
- 2 years of medical device assembly experience or two years of applicable experience with complex mechanical assembly
- Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract multi-digit numbers (including decimals); to multiply and divide; to find averages, percentages and ranges. Ability to determine the minimum, maximum and nominal value when provided with a specification and a tolerance. Ability to perform basic math on a calculation
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables. Ability to understand the basic material flow from the stock room to finished goods, Bill-of-Material structure, and cycle counting procedures. Ability to report quality issues. Ability to suggest simple process improvements
- Ability to use systems (Agile/SAP) to check drawings, BOM structures, procedures, training records. Ability to use on-line documentation.
- Ability to complete training courses. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to use clocks, timers, tools, and rulers.
- Work in a controlled environment room (ie clean room), this includes wearing clean room gowns, head caps, booties as well as meeting other clean room standards such as no jewelry or make-up.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws
United States of America
Light Industrial / LI - Manufacturing
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Assembly - Production Tech
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 332284
Posted Date: 9/19/2018