Lead Electrical Engineer - New York, NY
- At least 7 years in the Rolling Stock Industry.
- Strong academic background involving high and low power electrical disciplines with exposure to SIL software development, embedded circuit board/component layout preferred.
- Project management skills and experience in the areas of estimating, scheduling, tracking, risk, and outsourcing are required.
- Analysis skills, including decision, risk, cost, life cycle costs, safety, reliability, and maintainability, are required.
- Self-discipline and self-motivation is required.
- A desire for customer satisfaction and customer interaction is required.
- Requirements, design, architecture, verification and validation, testing and problem-solving skills
- Ethernet, Can/CanOpen, MVB and LonWorks network experience.
- Experience with Requirements Management, Configuration Management, Defect/change request tracking, Verification and Validation - (CaliberRM, Polarion and StarTeam tools preferred).
- Inter-personal skills are required for communication and coordinated work with project lead, team members, customers, vendors and outsourcing engineers.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills related to technical topics, reporting and documentation.
- Use of simulation tools, assessment models, logic diagrams, architecture diagrams, context diagrams, block diagrams, state machines or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable in Industry Standards such as EN/IEC/IEEE Standards
- Knowledge of differing manufacturing processes and impacts to product cost and reliability.
- Active experience in a design or system engineering position that includes areas associated with a design life cycle (planning, concept, requirements, design, implementation, testing, maintenance), preferably in a defined process environment. Additional consideration for training related to CMMi, process improvement.
New York, NY
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Temp to Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Lead Electrical Engineer
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Temp to Hire Position
Reference ID: 332405
Posted Date: 7/20/2018