Program Manager - Auburn Hills, MI
- Ensure transfer of Advanced / Decoupled opportunities to Global vehicle programs.
- Ensure the correct and efficient information flow and reporting during the advanced systems development phase to all levels of the Product, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Finance teams.
- Lead the response for Feature Deployment (FST) and Feasibility Brief for vehicle programs (Technology Gate Process).
- Verify and manage planning timelines for project development, integrating the information coming from all advanced development functions and communicate program direction and changes.
- Lead engineering risk assessment, prioritization and execution path for advanced activities with concurrence (Product Planning, Core Units, MR). Ensure cost / investment recovery actions are identified / implemented as necessary for decoupled and advanced development.
- Ensure accurate status communication for advanced activities in support of long lead programs.
- Lead Global executive level communication and advanced development strategic forum(s), key issue resolution, approvals and advanced strategy development.
- Lead and manage Decoupled and Advanced Development process improvement and global harmonization.
- The Program Manager for Supplier Quality Product Development manages new, mid-cycle and carryover vehicle programs that are manufactured in NAFTA and outside of the NAFTA region.
- The Program Manager will work directly with Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Quality to ensure non-conforming parts are handled properly and follow procedures and guidelines.
- We are seeking candidates qualified for the Program Manager role who are skilled Engineers and able to develop, present, and explain program status updates to senior leadership, manage multiple individual work teams, work globally, and are recognizes strong communicators.
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an ABET Accredited University with 10 Years Program Management or Vehicle Integration in Supplier Quality, Product Quality, Product Engineering, Manufacturing, including product launch.
- Must have program management work experience.
- Demonstrated Operational budget management, portfolio management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams and matrix organizations
- Demonstrated ability to develop and optimize product development process
- Demonstrated experience in technology assessment (Technology Readiness, Road Mapping)
- Proficient communication skills and experience presenting to senior
- Demonstrate skills in cross-cultural awareness, leadership, communication, influence, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrate ability to build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with customers at multiple levels, including those external to the organization. Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite software
- May be required to drive a company car.
- Valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- May be required to travel internationally 10 to Mexico and/or Canada
- Will be required to travel domestically 20-40%
- Bachelor of Science degree or a Master's in Business Administration
- Green Belt or Black Belt skills/certification (Red X/Shainin) Quality certification
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Creative problem solving ability and a results orientation
- Comfortable with complex technical analysis
- Previous experience as a Supplier Quality and/or Product Design Responsible Lead Engineer.
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 332779
Posted Date: 7/24/2018