Cyber Security Analyst - Columbia, SC
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for a Cyber Security Analyst to work onsite in Columbia, SC. This is initially a six month contract assignment and has potential to extend well beyond that. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world.
This is an entry to mid-level position in Cyber Security, targeted toward individuals with 2-5 years of experience. Educational and personal experience with network/systems administration and/or information security related work is necessary.
SOC Analysts are responsible for monitoring and maintaining systems used in our internal security program. This includes the following of procedures to triage and investigate security alerts, and escalate issues as necessary. SOC Analysts have opportunities for mentorship from more senior members of the team, and involvement with maturing procedures, evaluating new security technologies, incident response, penetration testing, and the freedom to try out new ideas and technologies to improve the SOC.
• Performs network security monitoring, security event triage, and incident response for a mid-size organization, coordinates with other team members, management to document and report incidents
• He/she will be part of a rotating SOC shift and will need to manage their schedule accordingly so as to ensure there is coverage during SOC shifts
• Maintains records of security events investigated and incident response activities, utilizing case management and ticketing systems
• Monitors and analyzes Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) to identify security issues for remediation
• Makes recommendations, creates, modifies, and updates Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Security Information Event Management (SIEM) tool rules
• Ensure that we are implementing best practice security policies that address the client's business need while protecting their vital corporate assets
• Evaluates firewall change requests and assess organizational risk
• Work closely with customers for the configuration of new software applications through various firewall platforms
• Take on Security Operations responsibilities when not on a SOC shift: This includes but is not limited to vulnerability scanning and patch management, access control governance and oversight, exceptions tracking, security tool management, tuning, and configuration, along with metrics and reporting.
The ideal candidate would have a background in:
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Windows, Linux, and/or OSX
• Experience with any of the following is a plus: Unix Shell scripts, Perl,Python, Powershell, C#
• Firewalls (e.g. PaloAlto Networks, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, Juniper SSG,PFSense, etc..)
• Log Management and QRadar SIEM (Splunk or HP ArcSight)
• Network Analysis Tools (e.g. Netwitness, Wireshark)
• System Analysis and Forensic Tools (e.g. FTK, EnCase)
• Endpoint Security (e.g. Carbon Black Enterprise Protection, Carbon BlackEnterprise Response, Symantec, McAfee, Forefront)
• Windows Management (e.g. WSUS, SCCM, SCOM, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects,)
• Vulnerability Management (e.g. Nexpose, Tenable Nessus, Qualys)
• Penetration Testing Tools (e.g. Metasploit, Backtrack, Kali)
• Operating Systems (e.g. Windows Server 2008/2012, CentOS Linux, OSX)
• Enterprise Microsoft Solutions (e.g. Exchange, Sharepoint, Lync)
• Regulatory Regimes (e.g. ISO27K, SSAE16, HIPPA, PCI, FISMA)
• Open-Source security and networking tools (MRTG, SysInternals, Nagios)
This is a W2 position with Advantage Resourcing. Will not accept resumes from recruiters or agencies.
We offer benefits for purchase that include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance as well as an excellent 401k plan.
Advantage Reference # 332787
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Cyber Security Analyst
Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 332787
Posted Date: 7/24/2018