IT Security Analyst - Level III - Work Remotely from SC - , SC
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for an IT Security Analyst to work on a team for our client. You can work remotely, but must reside within South Carolina. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
The Tier 3 Managed SOC Analysts primary function is to provide managed security operations center (SOC) analysis associated with customer monitoring activities through the processing and management of incident and request tickets, as they are assigned. Deeper dives into threat hunting are also in scope. The responsibilities include receiving and managing escalations from Tier 1 or 2 Analysts, customers, and other internal groups, as well as managing the full incident handling lifecycle with customers. The Tier 3 Analyst is expected to contribute to internal documentation and adherence to SLA targets and requirements. The role includes forensic log root cause analysis, and interfacing with clients and associates as needed to resolve complex cases. Tier 3 Analysts are expected to participate in, and contribute to planning and implementation of strategic and operational projects in efforts to achieve overall MSS goals. Tier 3 analysts are expected to be able to troubleshoot complex problems with little oversight, take ownership and work independently as needed to resolve customer issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain Industry Training - This involves keeping up-to-date on security technologies, threats, and risk mitigation techniques
• Maintain Knowledge of Current Threats - Keep up-to-date on current threats by regularly reading industry-related articles
• Case Management - ensuring the case management process is handled efficiently in a timely manner by all SOC personnel.
• SOC Activity Log -creating, reviewing, and maintaining entries, working with other analysts Report Creation - creating temporary or permanent reports for customers, as requested.
• Customer Meetings - attending and/or leading customer meetings as part of incident response and incident handling
• Training and Mentoring SOC personnel - Security Analysts are responsible for training new SOC employees; also responsible for training and mentoring existing SOC personnel on new technologies implemented by the customer; also responsible for retraining SOC personnel, if necessary
• Tuning - regularly performing tuning and filtering SIEM alerts and monitoring components to ensure only relevant security data is gathered
• System Maintenance - assisting SOC Engineers with maintenance on security devices, as needed
• 5+ years of Information Security experience
• 5+ years Firewall management and rules analysis
• 2-4 years of systems analysis
• Working knowledge of Linux and syslog from CLI
• Proven ability and past experience performing moderately complex security analysis for information technology is required
• Familiarization with a variety of information and network security monitoring tools (ArcSight SIEM, QRadar SIEM, Splunk, Arbor DDoS Mitigation, Cisco IDS/IPS, Netcool, and Imperva WAF, among others)
• Ability to work in a dynamic team-centered environment
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems or related field
• 2-3 years of Managed Security Service Provider Tier-1/2 Analyst/Operator Experience (Preferred)
• 3-4 years of SOC or NOSC analyst experience
• Threat Intelligence or Forensic background is a plus
Industry Certifications Preferred
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: IT Security Analyst - Level III - Work Remotely from SC
Location: , SC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 332790
Posted Date: 7/25/2018