Procurement Manager - Andover, MA
Position : Procurement Manager
Location : Andover MA
Duration : 6 months with possible extension
The Procurement Manager is responsible for planning and leading sourcing decisions for assigned direct material commodities in alignment with overall procurement initiatives.
This role has tactical responsibility for the supplier base, which includes assessing capabilities, monitoring performance and resolving issues.
This role has strategic responsibility for development of supplier/part strategies and supplier selection within that commodity area.
This position requires excellent problem solving skills, adaptability, and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships within key functional areas including being able to influence internal customers with integrity and transparency.
The position will provide input and analysis into the new product development sourcing activities of assigned commodities and suppliers.
This role obtains the best quality, service, and value for products and services through effective bidding, negotiation, and supplier management. This position will support the implementation of specific projects related to cost reduction initiatives, new product development, supply base and sourcing optimization and rationalization, quality improvement, risk assessment, and contract negotiation.
• Model and champion the team to manage business practices according to the Code of Conduct and other Company policies.
• Adhere to Medical Device industry requirements and regulations applicable to the specific process, product or purchased commodity.
• Ensure application of procurement processes in alignment with regulatory requirements and industry standards such as the Modern Slavery Act, Conflict Minerals and others.
• Protect Intellectual Property as well as all Company information against unauthorized disclosure and legal exposure.
• Partner with Supplier Quality to improve supplier performance and enhance supplier relationships (quality, technical capabilities, processes, etc.) as well as to respond to supplier audit issues and mitigation plans.
• Encourage Supplier Diversity. 10%
Create shared value with our suppliers.
• Enable to get the best out of its suppliers by working in partnership with them for mutual good business.
• Research and monitor industry trends such as technology, market price and sourcing competitive information.
• Evaluate and approve suppliers in alignment with procurement goals and initiatives, such as supplier consolidation, low cost country sourcing, localized sourcing and other programs.
• Collect and analyze the data regarding identified supplier performance measures to assess supplier performance against contractual requirements and business expectations.
• Participate in Supplier Reviews and technical meetings to ensure adherence to contractual requirements as well as on-going commitment to mutual continuous improvement processes. 20%
Enhance margin and profitability.
• Consistently deliver or exceed year-over-year PPV (Purchase Price Variance) cost savings and productivity targets to improve margins and simplify processes for the overall product lifecycle.
• Understand cost factors and cost planning in order to do analysis to identify and develop cost reduction strategies.
• Execute sourcing strategies in collaboration with the Procurement Category Leader as well as the business, with focus to select the best-fit approach, tactics and tools (e.g. outcome-based specifications, RFP/RFI/RFQ builds, E-auctions, KPI/SLA development).
• Negotiate highly complex contracts for expensive and/or critical materials, equipment or services affecting assigned segments of the business utilizing a high value-added strategic methodology.
• Support business stakeholders with their post contract management (PCM) and facilitate supplier relationship management (SRM) with global/key suppliers. 40%
Accelerate revenue growth through rapid New Product Introduction (NPI) execution.
• Lead or participate in cross functional business activities that identify, qualify, negotiate and successfully implement new suppliers or manufacturing processes in order to ensure the surety of supply, cost reduction and business profitability.
• Develop understanding of parts, processes and suppliers of assigned commodities to support team members to evaluate and support supplier/part strategies to ensure successful implementation of New Product Launches.
• Know Orthopedics product technology roadmap and establish relationships with key suppliers to leverage new technologies and processes. 15%
Design an agile and reliable supplier network, through balanced risk management.
• Influence internal customers to implement a purchasing strategy that yields lowest total cost while achieving market competitive service levels, at an appropriate level of risk.
• Right-size the supplier portfolio to balance supplier consolidation and strategic initiatives with surety of supply and risk management.
• Steward risk management activities for new, changed and current materials, processes and suppliers through risk identification methodology, assessment and mitigation.
• Ensure risk assessment results are reflected in category strategies and coordinate alternate sourcing pipelines based on risk potential/prioritization.
• Report potential risk and delays associated with the establishment of critical suppliers due to non-confirmance to requirements and participate in corrective actions to mitigate risk. 15%
Travel • Ability to travel as required (up to 10%).
Education • BS in business, engineering or technical field.
3 to 5 years experience successful record of accomplishment within procurement, purchasing (buyer/planner) and/or supply chain management.Work experience in manufacturing environment.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Andover, MA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 332875
Posted Date: 7/24/2018