Tax Processing Staff Member - Chicago, IL
Tax Processing Staff Member
We are currently seeking a Tax Processing Staff Member for a 2+ month contractual opportunity with our client in Chicago, IL. This qualified candidate will be responsible for skilled, error-free, and timely logging, eProcessing/assembly, and delivery of submitted tax returns in accordance with established Tax practice guidelines, tracking the status of submitted returns, scanning and electronically saving applicable paper Tax documents, and performing other Tax engagement-related support activities within an office or sub-area.
- Develop in-depth understanding of all applicable federal, state, and local tax return types and assembly/filing requirements.
- Understand and follow specific Tax methodology and quality assurance requirements for processing all applicable tax return products, and other related practice-specific policies.
- Proactively support Tax practice and sub-service line eProcessing and eDelivery guidance
- Consistently and frequently monitor tax processing Lotus Notes mailboxes to remain current on submitted work
- Review electronically submitted returns and instruction sheets for completeness/accuracy, and follow up with tax return submitter as needed, prior to processing returns
- Accurately and efficiently log, eProcess, copy/print/assemble and distribute tax returns in accordance with established Tax methodologies and standard Tax Processing/Assembly guidelines.
- Optimize first-time accuracy of work to minimize rework.
- Responsible for completeness and accuracy of own work and may quality check the work of others to make certain there are zero defects in work produced
- Skillfully scan and quality check necessary manual tax return documents and other engagement documents into ECF/eDocs
- Actively maintain metrics and other relevant departmental production information
- Effectively maintain tax processing technology and equipment, appropriate levels of necessary supplies, plan ahead for busy periods, etc.
- Proactively identify potential problems, alert leaders in a timely manner
- Gain strong understanding of and adhere to applicable firm, Tax and legal policies regarding quality, risk mitigation, confidentiality, and data privacy for all types of tax return products to be delivered and related information handled. Promptly escalate identified issues to appropriate resources.
- Utilize key internal contacts, peer networks, and knowledge repositories to answer questions, escalate/resolve issues, share leading practices, etc.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Tax Processing Staff Member
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 332888
Posted Date: 7/24/2018