Advanced Energy Engineering Lab Tech - Sunnyvale, CA
Advanced Energy Engineering Lab Technician
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. produces the da Vinci Surgical System, a minimally invasive robotic surgery system that uses highly complex mechanics, replaceable instruments and accessories, and enhanced three-dimensional visualization to extend surgical technique and precision beyond the limits of the human hand.
The Advanced Energy Engineering Lab Technician supports the testing and development of new and innovative surgical energy generators and electrosurgical instruments for the Intuitive da Vinci Surgical System. He or she must excel and be capable of working well in a highly motivated team environment focused on cutting edge technology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and testing energy based surgical technologies
- Responsible for the execution of feasibility and design validation test protocols
- Build, test and troubleshoot prototype surgical instruments and generators
- Root cause failure analysis of complex mechanical and electrical systems
- Manage lab resources, supplies, and equipment
- Support the quality and regulatory processes as required
- AS preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of medical device or other relevant lab experience.
- Military electronics training or equivalent education/experience also acceptable
- Min. 2+ years of soldering, electrical / small mechanical assembly experience, and component-level electronics debug and repair.
- Comfortable using bench top tools like drill presses, dremels etc. to do minor mechanical re-work and disassembly.
- Experience with electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies required
- Ability to read schematics combined with standard electronic test techniques to perform failure analysis and root cause determination to a component level
- Perform component-level repair on PCAs and box level assemblies using both SMT and through-hole rework techniques
- Perform functional or parametric testing of electronic circuit boards or assemblies
- Hands-on problem solver and strong team player
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with energy based surgical systems or surgical instruments preferred
- A real excitement to learn and get to the bottom of tough technical problems
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Advanced Energy Engineering Lab Tech
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 333029
Posted Date: 7/26/2018