Operations Technician - New Century, KS
Immediate need for an Operations Technician for our direct client in New Century, KS.
This is a one year contract with possibility of extension.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Strong working knowledge and experience on Metro Ethernet and IP communications (IPv4, IPv6, routing protocols).
- Technical knowledge and experience on contemporary technologies (e.g. MPLS, TDM, Ethernet, eLAN-eLine, TCP/IP, BGP, QoS, IP, etc.).
- Proactively monitor and respond to and resolve network alarms.
- Perform circuit and equipment/network restoration, recognize potential jeopardy conditions and notify management and Program Office with risk potential and impact assessments.
- Management of circuits (100Gb, Ethernet & IP), perform testing and activation of new network circuits as well as long-haul, metro and international optical networks. Work very closely with NOC customers for all demand and scheduled maintenance to conform to customer network management requirements and protocols.
- Analyze network troubles, assess performance data and develop design optimization plans accordingly. Interface with fiber vendors, telecom providers and other entities on complex technical matters.
- Experience with SONET based, long-haul and metro transport networks, next-generation DWDM wavelength systems, DCCS cross-connect systems and/or Ethernet, VPLS, IP, MPLS.
- Cisco CCIP, CCDP, CCNP certifications, Juniper or ALU data networking equivalent.
- Previous experience with broadband and/or narrowband circuit maintenance, testing and restoration, provisioning databases and circuit activations. Previous experience with routers, IP protocols, configurations, interfaces is strongly preferred.
- Analyze, test and repair Layer 2/3 network problems. Ensure services conform to customer mandated SLAs for latency, packet loss, jitter, throughput. Ability to test using standard protocols, as well as Iperf and Brix platforms.
- Demonstrated leadership profile to manage customer networks, proactively track and escalate issues, engage resources to expedite service/network outages, professional interaction skills with customers and management.
- Ability to relate technical issues to management and Govt personnel. Prior experience with Transport platforms (i.e. Nortel, Cisco, Ciena, Lucent and Tellabs) and Data platforms (Cisco, Juniper, Adtran). Must be able to effectively manage multiple issues simultaneously through effective work prioritization.
New Century, KS
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Operations Technician
Location: New Century, KS
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 333091
Posted Date: 7/26/2018