Information Security Engineer - Columbia, SC
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for an Information Security Engineer to work onsite in Columbia, SC. This is a 6 month contract to hire position. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
This is a W2 position with Advantage Resourcing. (Will not accept resumes from recruiters or agencies.)
Since it is a 6 Month Contract to Hire position, all candidates must be willing and able to convert to fulltime with the client.
This role will be 100% on-site in Columbia, SC - no remote work
The primary function of this position is to manage and maintain the client's managed security solutions associated with customer security services. This includes daily management of the security operations and the security services team. This role is expected to contribute to internal documentation and ensure adherence to SLA targets and requirements. The role includes hands on troubleshooting, interfacing with clients and associates as needed to resolve complex cases. This role is expected to participate in, and contribute to planning and implementation of strategic and operational projects in efforts to achieve overall client goals. You will be expected to be able to troubleshoot complex problems with leadership, take ownership and work independently as needed to resolve customer issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Function as the Service Delivery Manager for the security services team delivering all contracted work streams supporting managed security services
• Support the Program Manager for customer incidents and requests, as well as any daily activity encountered during the daily operations of the client's Managed Security Services.
• Establish and monitor the delivery process and adjust resources to ensure SLA compliance
• Assess customer feedback and improve procedures accordingly
• Regularly participate in tuning and maintenance activities of service areas within established guidelines and procedures
• Assist team members with maintenance, tuning, and installation of security devices as needed. Also responsible for general troubleshooting of solution failures based upon documented procedures, general knowledge, problem management or guidance by management and vendors
• Vendor and industry training as requested by Management.
• 6-10 years of Linux system administration, network and security experience
• 2-3 years of experience managing and leading a team of security engineers
• Proven ability and past experience performing security services for information technology is required
• Familiarization with federal security standards and guidelines
• Ability to work in a dynamic team oriented environment
• Excellent writing and communications skills
• Familiarization with defense-in-depth concepts
• Experience in the administration of firewalls, IPS/IDS, Linux system administration, vulnerability scanning and analysis, SIEM, log analysis and forensics.
• Be readily available to manage operational support as needed during off hours
Preferred: Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems or related field
Any applicable certifications would be preferred:
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• SANS security certifications
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Information Security Engineer
Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 333292
Posted Date: 7/27/2018