Junior Designer - Pittsburgh, PA
We are currently seeking a Jr. CAD Designer for a 6+ month contractual opportunity with our client in Pittsburgh, PA. The primary function of a Jr. Designer (Level 1) is to ensure accurate, timely, and efficient design and delivery of drawings from conception to Issued-For-Construction status. This role will have a multi-discipline focus with responsibility related to Piping/Mechanical, Electrical/Instrumentation/Control, and Civil/Structural disciplines and more specifically will lead the related As-Built and Walk-down efforts to ensure drawing accuracy supporting safety, operability, and regulatory compliance.
- Assists Engineering in Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs), Facility Plot Plans, Electrical Hazardous Area Classification Plans, Electrical One Line Diagrams, Emergency Operating Procedure Drawings, Cause & Effect Matrixes, Instrument Details and any other associated drawings.
- Develops and maintains facility drawings for Plants, Stations, and above ground appurtenances in support Operations & Maintenance (O&M), Tactical, and as necessary Engineering & Construction (E&C) projects ensuring regulatory compliance and supporting safe, reliable, and efficient operations.
- Prepares working plans and detail drawings and diagrams according to standards and specifications.
- Coordinates multiple design and drafting projects to ensure timely and quality deliverables.
- Communicates with internal and external stakeholders to determine needs and satisfactions.
- Monitors and reports on third-party performance, progress, and quality.
- Up to two years’ experience in the oil and gas industry required
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of the operational & field environment for work practices and conditions, in process plants, gathering systems, pipelines, and chemical plants.
- Thorough knowledge and ability in the use of AutoCAD and AutoCAD Compatible software.
- Must know AutoCAD 2015 or newer.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.) and other administrative applications
- Strong analytical, risk assessment and problem solving skills
- This position requires regular travel (up to 25%) to field locations – throughout PA and OH.
- Must be able to handle a diverse range of multiple, complex assignments requiring the use of experience, innovation and judgment
- AutoCAD Electrical ad knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC) is HIGHTLY DESIRABLE but not necessary
- Bachelor's degree in industrial design, architecture or engineering.
**This position will be working under the direction of a Senior Designer to complete electrical as-builts. He/she will be taking red lines that are done by senior designers and turning those into as-built documents. We are looking for an individual who can “mold” into this team needs and willing/open to learn from senior team members.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Junior Designer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 333390
Posted Date: 7/30/2018