Production & Inventory Control Specialist - Philadelphia, PA
Role: Evaluates and analyzes MRP Reports and manufacturing system data and information to accomplish assigned activities that support the manufacture of product requirements.
- Break down the monthly plan and create a report, playbook, that details each sub-assembly and purchased part shortage required to meet the schedule.
- Create production orders per MRP, ascertaining that the min/max levels and the line of balance requirements are being met.
- Assist in planning the monthly schedule and communicate the plan to Order Service.
- Participate in production meetings to the extent that the schedule is understood and can be supported.
- Maintain the Baan system integrity of the released material kit list such that it reflects the actual build of the assembly.
- Analyze Baan data in the pursuit of problem resolution.
- Monitor on a daily basis the flow of material to support production and monthly schedule goals ensuring that the assemblers can build without interruption.
- Direct bargaining unit employees, as required, ensuring Company goals are achieved
- Create rework orders and arrange the release of material to production.
- Manage the purge of discrepant inventory from the production floor when necessary.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the Inspection locations in the department
- Communicate, when identified, Bill of Material or Routing inaccuracies.
- Process engineering change requests.
- Identify any issues that may preclude on time delivery and resolve them.
- Validate the production order report on a monthly basis.
- Complete milestone billing when required.
- Carryout departmental goals or activities assigned as special projects.
- Minimum of 5+years experience in a production/inventory control environment.
- Associates Degree in Materials Management or Apics Certification required.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Production and Inventory Control practices.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Capability to translate drawing requirements into manufacturing bills of material, preferred.
- Effective communications will all levels.
- Ability to work and accomplish responsibilities with limited supervision.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Production & Inventory Control Specialist
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 333556
Posted Date: 8/1/2018