Disaster Recovery Lead (IT) - Austin, TX
Location: Houston or Austin, TX
Duration: 6 months+ contract
Requirements: Background Check & Drug Test
As a seasoned IT resiliency lead you will support IT Disaster Recovery Program by providing technical oversight and assistance to the Technical Tower Leads related to the DR Program and Planning requirements. This position will work closely with a cross section of technologies (Networks, AD, Storage, Server, Database and Applications) teams to ensure all technical issues have been reviewed and vetted for recovery gaps. This lead position will report to the IT Global DR Program Manager focused on the new DR solution deployment and new DR strategies currently being implemented at the data centers.
As an IT Disaster Recovery Lead you'll take the lead as you….
• Consult with product teams to align IT resiliency strategies with enterprise architecture solutions, representing multiple platforms, services, or tools
• Guide and train others on the DR Program requirements. This position will also assist and guide the Technical Towers on DR planning procedures to ensure that all DR requirements are considered, mitigated, and validated through DR exercises.
• Drive disaster recovery testing methodologies; assist with the execution of testing and exercises
• Assist with the validation of Technical Recovery Plans and/or documentation
• Evaluate disaster recovery strategies and solutions to identify current risks and recommend improvements
• Provide recommendations for back-up processes and fail-over procedures
• Consult and advise Tech Teams as they perform analysis on disaster recovery architecture to ensure it can meet Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery point objectives (RPO)
• Assess disaster recovery solution capabilities and relationships with and/or 3rd parties and provide recommendations for improved resiliency
• Provide technical leadership and recommendation on how to improve the DR Program procedures to streamline processes.
• Support IT resiliency as needed to ensure solution work and do not break when changes are made to production.
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
• 10 years’ experience working in large enterprise data centers
• Have work experience in multiple areas of IT or Data Center Operations area
• 5-7 years’ experience in IT disaster recovery planning or program leadership
• Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
• Experience developing, implementing and testing disaster recovery strategies
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
• Innovative mindset and willingness to push new ideas into the company
• Must be knowledgeable and work within the established processes and be willing to drive improvements
• Must like working with people and in a team environment
• Travel 10 to 15% possible.
• During activation may be required to work longer than normal hours and participate in the recovery management
• Office location: Houston, TX or Austin, TX
• Practical experience in developing and testing resiliency strategies in customer facing environments
• Experience running or participating in chaos experiments, game days, or wheel of misfortune exercises.
• Highly motivated individual with experience in complex IT multi-vendor and multi-team IT environment
• Experience working in large enterprise IT Organizations
• Ability to rapidly learn new technology, and IT frameworks.
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Systems
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Disaster Recovery Lead (IT)
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 333662
Posted Date: 7/31/2018