Japanese Bilingual Customer Service Agent - Torrance, CA
Japanese Bilingual Customer Service Agent
Language Skill Required: Japanese - Proficient
Work Conditions: Full-time position, non-exempt
Work Hours: 8 hour shift, between 5:00 am to 6:00 pm, including weekends and holidays
Salary Range: $15.00/hour
Work Location: Torrance, CA
Number of staff members hiring: 8
The first day: Monday, September 24, 2018
This position is responsible for providing customer service to promote and sell airline services.
• Performs Customer Service Functions by planning routes, ensuring seat availability, quoting fares, making reservations, by handling special arrangements, and ensuring flight confirmation;
• Performs General Administrative Functions by covering for other Staff as needed; by creating correspondence; by preparing reports as necessary; by filing and maintaining documents accurately; and by performing any other administrative functions as directed by Supervisors and Managers.
• Promotes Customer/Vendor Relation by exchanging information regularly in person by telephone, fax, and e-mail; by responding promptly to all inquiries and concerns; and by following up on correspondence to ensure that questions and concerns are answered and customers are satisfied.
• Keeps Management Informed by observing and analyzing issues relating to customer relations and all aspects of ground operations and by creating reports on these issues; and by reporting problems immediately to Management verbally or in writing in order to avoid confusion and problems.
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence in English.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, Staff, clients, customers, and the general public in English.
• Ability to use standard algebra and calculate figures and amounts such as interest and percentages.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Must have well-developed interpersonal skills.
• Must be tactful, mature, and flexible.
• Must be able to use a computer and applications such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.