Buyer - Princeton, NJ
Our client push the boundaries of innovation and imagination every day, driving the most advanced R&D from the lab to the real world. We’re looking for people who have a passion to make a difference and bring enthusiasm and commitment.
- Are you able to move beyond merely executing tasks but analyze processes, drive decisions and outcomes because you truly understand how to create value?
- Are you adept at troubleshooting and building great relationships?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and invigorate an organization?
If you are, join our Team.
The Team currently has openings for procurement professionals (Buyers or Senior Buyers) in our Menlo Park, CA headquarters. These positions will be responsible for procuring goods and services in support of all departments.
- Managing multiple projects under limited supervision
- Negotiating favorable pricing and terms and conditions
- Develop and manage suppliers/vendors/partners
- Maintaining quotes and executing purchase orders
- Issue RFP/RFQ for materials and services
- Reviewing and executing contracts
- Drive process improvements and Cost savings
- Ensuring that challenges relating to delivery, quality or pricing are promptly conveyed and resolved in a timely manner
- Proven analytical thinking, sound judgment and time management skills. Ability to manage workload, prioritize work and multi-task.
- Strong Problem Solving skills; understands how to break-down a problem, drives for root-cause and corrective actions. Able to think outside the box.
- Comfortable with Change; Ability to learn new skills; tackle new skills with enthusiasm and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Strong Procurement professional skills (negotiations, cost analysis, price analysis, sourcing, quotes, RFP/RFQ's, and proposal review) to ultimately drive cost savings
- BS/BA in a business related discipline plus 2 years of experience in a related field.
- Experience may be considered in lieu of an undergraduate degree.
- Knowledge of procurement practices/procedures, material management, accounting, and receiving.
- SAP Ariba experience is a plus.
- Government procurement experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Some knowledge of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) is desirable.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Temp to Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Buyer
Location: Princeton, NJ
Job Type: Temp to Hire Position
Reference ID: 333732
Posted Date: 8/9/2018