Network Engineer - Pleasanton, CA
Location: Pleasanton, CA - must work onsite - no remote
Work Shift: Day Shift
7 month contract with potential to extend and/or convert to perm
You will be providing network engineering service and L3 support for the Data Center in Pleasanton.
· Deliver network solutions for business applications and infrastructure technology.
· Lead the development and deployment of communication (data/video) solution, including integration testing.
· Develop turn-over documentation for handing off to Operations teams.
· Design, deploy, maintain, and improve wired, wireless, and cloud networks.
· Manage the infrastructure in accordance with established operational practices.
· Develop configuration management capabilities and documentation practices.
· Develop and maintain configuration standards.
· Manage multiple high-priority, high-pressure projects.
· Act as point of escalation for network related support cases.
· Implement fault-tolerance across all critical networked environments.
· Integrate networks with Public Cloud providers (e.g., AWS/Azure) using transit VPC, IPSec and other Secure Cloud Interconnects.
· Lead the design and implementation of Enterprise solutions focused in the areas of network and data center technologies.
· Create the governing principles around network architecture across the organization.
· Define the network architectural standard processes and procedures.
· Design, test, implement, and support network infrastructure.
· Provide consultation and direct technical support in life cycle planning, problem management, integration, and network configuration.
· Project planning and designing scalable network infrastructure solutions to meet business requirements for a reliable network (includes detailing current and future requirements, planning analysis, project design, cost and personnel resource estimation for project implementation).
· Ensure network performance and availability meets enterprise objectives for timely service restoration and tuning.
AT least 4+ years of experience in/with:
Leading the development and deployment of network communication (data/video) solution, including integration testing
Designing, deploying, maintaining, and improving wired, wireless, and cloud networks
Network operating systems, including Cisco IOS and NxOS
LAN/WAN architecture and implementation for large enterprise networks (10,000 plus devices)
Creating and delivering detailed technical presentations of network solutions to Senior/Executive level Management
Layer 2 and Layer 3 advanced protocols
Checkpoint and ASA Design Engineering and L4 troubleshooting
VM Ware NSX
BGP, OSPF, VSS, VPC and DLSW protocols
SD-WAN Design and implementation
Network technical area certifications, including CISCO
Top 3-5 "Must have" Skills:
1. Cisco LAN/WAN technologies (Routing & Switching)
2. Aruba/Cisco/Meraki Wireless technologies
3. MPLS technologies
4. VoIP technologies
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Systems
Temp to Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Job Type: Temp to Hire Position
Reference ID: 333834
Posted Date: 8/1/2018