Program Manager I - Mountain View, CA
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Consumer Hardware Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful.
- The first step in how our users interact with the world's information is hardware.
- Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware and software to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless.
- Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- The Google Home Hardware product planning team is looking for a strong program manager with a product or program management background to manage the team's accessories ecosystem.
- Product Expertise Domain expertise for other critical accessories for consumer electronics Deep understanding of product concept, design and development processes, and provide guidance to partners to keep them on track for launch.
- Strong affinity to keep up with latest technology trends to understand not just what's happening today, but what may be hot tomorrow.
- This should include all other accessories and categories of products that may be applicable for use with Google Home Hardware.
- Create a product assortment and strategy for any specific market and product category, with a good, better, best strategy, and the relevant partners.
- Create a product strategy that enhances the overall Google Hardware customer experience.
- Evangelize internally the value and opportunities associated in order to raise the profile of Made For products within internal marketing and retail channels.
- Partner Management Create and maintain project schedules for all products in the portfolio.
- Redirect pitfalls and develop a better course of action.
- Provide regular executive-level updates on overall project status.
- Build and maintain intra-departmental relationships with all functional areas.
- Build relationships with key partner leads.
- Lead cross-functional communication between project teams and external partners. Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process.
- Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management.
- Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making.
- Work with partners to drive successful on schedule launches.
- Work with partner to develop a product roadmap aligning to multi-year goals of Home product line.
- Some travel to meet with Made for Google partners will be required.
- Portfolio Management Define and curate the partners and products in the portfolio to make a successful and profitable business for Google and the partners in the program.
- Mentor leading partners to refine their portfolios, and lagging partners on how to improve their products for better assortments.
- Evangelize partners and products internally (with GTM, Sales, Marketing and Product teams) and externally (retail channels) to create success stories.
- Develop P/L framework and marketing funding with partners to enhance and grow overall attachment and accessories business
- Manage the business metrics for partner product sales, and update assortment by replacing non-performing products with winning products.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience 6-8 years of experience in program management, project management and/or technical partner management/operations
- Experienced in and comfortable with customer interface for technical and business discussions.
- Must be able to cultivate and maintain business relationships.
- Must be detail oriented but able to present the big picture.
- Works effectively within a team. Influential in building positive partnerships with cross functional teams. Strong leadership, change management, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Mountain View, CA
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Systems
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Program Manager I
Location: Mountain View, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 333856
Posted Date: 8/3/2018