VoIP Network Engineer (Level 1) - Wake Forest, NC
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for an VoIP Network Engineer (Level 1) in Wake Forest, NC. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
This is a 2nd shift position in a 24x7x365 environment. Shifts include holidays and weekends.
• Act as VoIP communication technical leader for the network operations center team and as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) on communication, network and customer related issues
• Advance troubleshooting of VoIP networks, VoIP equipment, Avaya Communication Manager (CM) servers, Media Gateways, and S8300 (LSP).
• Track major service outages and other service affecting voice activities. Advise inter-department groups of occurrences and ensure progress towards resolution.
• Perform ticket management function on VoIP network outages as required.
• Perform advance move, add, change, delete in Avaya CM servers, Media Gateways, Messaging platforms (i.e. Module Messaging; CM Messaging) and etc.
• Ability to work with multiple customers using different processes for MACD and troubleshooting.
• Perform advance system configuration and troubleshooting for Avaya CM servers, Media Gateways, LSP, Messaging platforms, and management isolation of VoIP network outage causes and service restorations.
• Handle internal/external customer escalations via phone, Remedy tickets, Solarwinds Web Help Desk or email and escalate further any customer-related issues to the appropriate group or manager as necessary.
• Provide technical VoIP communication information or direction for less experienced VoIP employees as assigned.
• Monitor and response to alarms for multiple customers using different views in Solarwinds
• Manage ticket workload for VoIP communication team.
• Analyze current network support processes and update as needed and/or refer priority issues to management.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Update customer and ticket in timely manner during outages, P1, or P2 tickets.
• Perform duties as technical VoIP network operation center lead for incoming VoIP clients.
• Associate's degree in Information Technology, Telecommunication, Networking, Electronics or related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in configuring and troubleshooting VoIP communication and VoIP network equipment maintenance,
• Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience required in the following voice areas: ACD Vectoring, Contact Center, Avaya Messaging platforms, Communication Manger, S8300 (LSP), H.323, SIP and Media Gateways.
• Minimum of 3 years hand on experience in system troubleshooting, including Avaya CM servers, S8300 (LSP), Media Gateways and Messaging platforms, and management isolation of network outage causes and service restorations including understanding QOS operational characteristics.
• Avaya Certified Associate (ACA) / Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS) and working towards an Avaya Certified Specialist (ACS) / Avaya Certified Solutions Specialist (ACSS) certification.
Wake Forest, NC
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: VoIP Network Engineer (Level 1)
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 334068
Posted Date: 8/3/2018