Quality Technician - Hopkins, MN
Our client in Hopkins, MN is looking for a contractor to perform quality inspection and testing activities on materials and products, support product development activities related to determining appropriate inspection methods and tools, and to release products to different release locations. Control of incoming material through activities such as processing holds, processing/controlling pre-release product lines, processing scrap, processing/controlling quality records.
The quality technician is responsible for conducting testing procedures during receiving inspection processes to ensure that products comply with quality standards.
• Perform incoming inspection on components using hand tools, microscopes, tool scope, optical comparator, CMM, Instrons and other equipment
• Use of Good Documentation Practices (GDPs) during the inspection process
• Coordinate and perform project and product testing.
• Perform statistical analysis and communicate results to teams.
• Develop and qualify data sheets; assist in developing, conducting, qualifying and documenting equipment/fixtures, visual standards, and test methods.
• Perform testing, gather data, verify and report results of product testing and process monitoring, including comparing results to acceptance criteria and control limits.
• Identify, prioritize and resolve quality issues identified by metrics.
• Assist with product failure analysis.
Initiate, investigate, and assist in generation and completion of Non-conforming Events (NCE/NCMRs).
• Assist engineers in failure analysis and NCEP/CAPA related activities.
• Support process and product qualification activities.
• Define training requirements for test methods and work instructions.
• Identify and lead departmental initiatives related to best quality practices and continuous improvement.
• Serve support roles during external audits: Document retriever, auditee.
• Perform special quality initiatives with guidance.
Interact with other internal Laboratories for different work requests.
Quality Systems Duties and Responsibilities:
Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
• Associates degree and 2+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
• Previous experience in a medical device company.
Extensive incoming inspection experience who can operate most if not all of the following types of equipment:
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Quality Technician
Location: Hopkins, MN
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 334098
Posted Date: 8/6/2018