Payroll Manager - Madison , MS
Payroll Manager is responsible for supervising the payroll team and overseeing payroll processes and timekeeping systems. The manager will partner with HR, Programming manager, and vendors to recommend, implements and plan for payroll and timekeeping enhancements or new requirement. Analyzes, audits, reconciles and resolves complex payroll processing and employee payroll issues to ensure smooth payroll processing. Ensures payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and federal, state and IRS regulations. Have understanding of local, state, federal and country payroll laws for the companies operating areas. . Researches and interprets federal and state regulatory requirements and resolves tax, withholding, garnishment, and wage/hour issues for payroll processing. Responds to auditing and regulatory inquiries.
- Title: Payroll Manager
- Location: Madison, MS
- Full Time Employment
- Develop systems to process payroll account transactions (e.g. salaries, benefits, deductions, taxes and third party payments)
- Coordinate timekeeping and payroll systems
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, raises) and system upgrades
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal polices
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and manage payroll tax audits
- Review and analyze CBA and WD language to implement new business requirement for the company
- Lead Payroll projects such as new contract setup from start to finish while understanding business structure, system requirements and manage the projects to achieve target scope and delivery deadline
- Generates reports/queries, including writing maintaining and supporting a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
- Understand, research, review and implement applicable payroll laws for the companies operating area to include OCONUS countries.
- Review and implement federal, state and IRS regulation to include changes to payroll, taxes, and time entry. Ensure the company is in compliance with federal, state and IRS tax regulation and payroll laws.
- BA or BS degree in Accounting or Finance +4 years related experience or an equivalent level of knowledge in a relevant field.
- Experience with Timekeeping System
- Ability to work with large volumes of statistical and confidential information.
- Ability to use analysis to resolve complex accounting issues.
- Must be able to interface effectively with all levels of leadership and employees.
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly communicate both in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to manage and lead staff to excellent performance.
- Must be able to travel, work overtime and weekends as required
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience working in the aerospace/defense industry is a plus
- Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a public trust position (if required for the position).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance (if required for the position).
- Must be able to work weekends, other shifts and overtime as required.
Madison , MS
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Payroll Manager
Location: Madison , MS
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 334130
Posted Date: 8/3/2018