Network Technician (IP Communications) - Littleton, CO
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for a Network Technician (IP Communications) for the Littleton, CO location. Must work on site. While this is a 1 year contract position it has the potential to extend. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world.
This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
- Title: Network Technician (IP Communications)
- Location: Littleton, CO
- Duration: 12 plus month
Job Skills Required:
- Strong working knowledge and experience on Metro Ethernet and IP communications (IPv4, IPv6, routing protocols).
- Technical knowledge and experience on contemporary technologies (e.g. MPLS, TDM, Ethernet, eLAN-eLine, TCP/IP, BGP, QoS, IP, etc.).
- Proactively monitor and respond to and resolve network alarms.
- Perform circuit and equipment/network restoration, recognize potential jeopardy conditions and notify management and Program Office with risk potential and impact assessments.
- Management of circuits (100Gb, Ethernet & IP), perform testing and activation of new network circuits as well as long-haul, metro and international optical networks.
- Work very closely with NOC customers for all demand and scheduled maintenance to conform to customer network management requirements and protocols.
- Analyze network troubles, assess performance data and develop design optimization plans accordingly. Interface with fiber vendors, telecom providers and other entities on complex technical matters.
- Prefer experience with SONET based, long-haul and metro transport networks, next-generation DWDM wavelength systems, DCCS cross-connect systems and/or Ethernet, VPLS, IP, MPLS.
- Preferred Cisco CCIP, CCDP, CCNP certifications, Juniper or ALU data networking equivalent.
- Previous experience with broadband and/or narrowband circuit maintenance, testing and restoration, provisioning databases and circuit activations.
- Previous experience with routers, IP protocols, configurations, interfaces is strongly preferred.
- Analyze, test and repair Layer 2/3 network problems.
- Ensure services conform to customer mandated SLAs for latency, packet loss, jitter, throughput. Ability to test using standard protocols, as well as Iperf and Brix platforms.
- Demonstrated leadership profile to manage customer networks, proactively track and escalate issues, engage resources to expedite service/network outages, professional interaction skills with customers and management.
- Prior experience with Transport platforms (i.e. Nortel, Cisco, Ciena, Lucent and Tellabs) and Data platforms (Cisco, Juniper, Adtran).
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple issues simultaneously through effective work prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and logical thinking when under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach and develop technical skill set of shift technicians.
- Ability to interface in a professional manner with management and customer is essential.
- Flexibility with regard to work levels and shift accommodation is imperative.
- Four or more years applicable work experience preferred.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Network Technician (IP Communications)
Location: Littleton, CO
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 334184
Posted Date: 8/3/2018