Specialist, Project/Program Administrator - United States - Hopkinton, MA
Job Title: Offer Manager
Leader of a project team small group (no direct reports) responsible release management each month.
The Offer Manager (OM) is a member of a Product Oriented Delivery Team (POD) assigned by the Portfolio Management and Configuration Team (PMCT) to serve the needs of specific Divisional Business Units.
As the PMCT primary point of contact, the Offer Manager represents the needs, goals and objectives of the Business Unit(s) with respect to Material Creation & Change, and Product Configuration. They will have responsibilities within the Offer Lifecycle Process (OLP) including documentation (PRD: Product Requirements Document, PCD: Product Commit Document) and execution (management of requirements, modeling, testing).
Job Description Summary
This is your opportunity to join a dynamic, fast paced team at the heart of one of the biggest and best technology companies in the world! You will be working with teams across the globe in an exciting, challenging, and rewarding role that will propel your career to new heights.
The Global Offer & Product Operations (GOPO) Portfolio Management and Configuration Team (PMCT) provides an enterprise-wide service to the company’s business manufacturing, operations and sales units; charged with delivering the highest quality master data, ordering tools and best practices/governance. The team is responsible for partnering with, and understanding the product/service team’s vision, and making it a reality by enabling our sales team to quote via the quoting tools we manage. This is one of the first steps in driving ~$80 Billion in revenue!
As an Offer Manager you will be required to lead and deliver our operational efforts during a time of exciting transformation. The role is to own and manage all aspects of company’s product offers from inception to go-live on the company’s order management systems. This will involve cooperation and team work, utilizing your problem-solving skills to constantly challenge established processes and to excel in a world class master data and quoting enablement organization.
· The Offer Manager (OM) is a member of a Product Oriented Delivery Team (POD) assigned by the PMCT to serve the needs of specific Divisional Business Units. As the PMCT primary point of contact, the OM represents the needs, goals and objectives of the Business Unit(s) with respect to Material Creation & Change, and Product Configuration. They will have responsibilities within the Offer Lifecycle Process (OLP) including documentation (PRD: Product Requirements Document, PCD: Product Commit Document) and execution (management of requirements, modeling, testing).
· Offer Manager will interface with the core team and extended teams to identify technical, marketing and data requirements and design and implement those within the company’s quoting tools. Networking and building relationships with team members will be critical to your success.
· Offer Manager will have ownership and governance of all aspects of product master data. OM will need to project manage and utilize the resources they have available to ensure quality and alignment with the company’s strategic goals. You will create and drive a schedule to deliver the program on time and ensure quality and audit checks are complete to 100% accuracy.
· Be the core team subject matter expert for order readiness and sales practices. Proactively manage and coordinate product data updates/maintenance and issue resolution using global processes and tools.
· Be a leader in implementing process improvements, define and envisage global solutions and influencing their global organizational rollout.
· Complete global project deployments by means of User Acceptance Testing (UAT), business requirement generation and interfacing with IT teams.
· Identify opportunities to develop and implement long-term operational efficiencies and process improvements, this will include working cross-functionally with organizations such as sales, demand/supply, finance, IT, marketing, engineering and more.
· Be the link between the product business unit, sales organizations, and the worldwide CoC (Center of Competence)
Job Level Specifics
· Med/low complexity products, capable of managing 1 complex product
· Capable of assessing and understanding impact of requests
· Good familiarity with products, path, tools
· 3-6 Products
· At least 4 years of experience related to business operations or engineering in the IT industry
· Undergraduate degree in a business, IT, or Engineering discipline
· PMP or equivalent project management methodology certification would be an advantage.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, comfortable communicating to senior management
· Ability to assimilate high volumes of technical information and draw inferences
· Solid analytical skills with ability to organize and manipulate data
· Understanding of product configuration/validation principles and a background in sales operations is a plus
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Software
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Specialist, Project/Program Administrator - United States
Location: Hopkinton, MA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 334204
Posted Date: 8/3/2018