Business Analyst - SQL Query Experience - Auditing/Billing - Broomfield, CO
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for a Business Analyst, who possesses SQL Query experience, to work on a team at our telecom client site in Broomfield, CO. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
We work with cross-functional teams to identify and eliminate revenue leakage and increase cost savings in our business, ensuring we bill revenue, manage costs, and maintain margins as effectively as possible. As a Senior Analyst you will be responsible for performing detailed customer audits that identify revenue recovery and cost savings opportunities. You will isolate and research negative or non-optimal margin services, analyze the business drivers, determine root cause and work with functional and business teams to resolve issues. You will serve a critical role in improving cross-functional quote-to-bill and cost-to-revenue processes and developing business intelligence. Your operational activities include negative margin and shelf life monitoring, root cause analysis, develop and implement audits and control points, reporting, and ultimately drive resolution and governance processes with all impacted stakeholders to meet profitability goals.
-Must be familiar with SQL and writing database queries; seeking someone who is process oriented who understands order entry to billing, in addition to Telecom Voice knowledge
-Ability to write join statements and sub queries to get data they need
-Ability to understand legal contract and how it is supposed to be billed
-Skilled in MS SQL Server & any Oracle Client (i.e., Toad, etc)
• Lead efforts that prevent revenue leakage, reduce cost, increase revenue and reduce defects. Root cause and error resolution resulting in revenue recovery, revenue loss, or cost savings.
• Audit and evaluate customer’s invoices, contracts, and orders to ensure revenue is billed appropriately and adequate margin is obtained. Analyze customer’s offnet access charges and offnet architecture against customer’s revenue and work with stakeholders to optimize.
• Architect and implement Financial Assurance controls including source data acquisition, normalization and automation. Implement new control points and metrics as the business changes.
• Work with and manage multiple departments and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure customers services are at the appropriate margins and installed and disconnected in agreed timeframes.
• Optimize Business Intelligence including query development and data analysis. Build and run queries, and conduct complex data analysis.
• Support adhoc requests and projects as requested by the supported organizations and teams.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
• 5+ years in Financial Assurance/Financial Analysis/Reporting a must
• Audit experience is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or IT
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Proficient in querying a large amount of data using SQL query skills
• Ability to query and analyze data in Access, Brio, Hyperion, Business Objects or other reporting tools
• General understanding of data models and various IT platforms/solutions
• Experience with process mapping, and business requirements documentation
• Project management and planning skills
• Understanding of Financial Assurance concepts and application in business
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Business Analyst - SQL Query Experience - Auditing/Billing
Location: Broomfield, CO
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 334846
Posted Date: 8/8/2018