Electrical Design Engineer - Sterling Heights, MI
Electrical Design Engineer
Location- Sterling Heights MI
Design and Develop Electrical Components and Subsystems for processor, I/O, and display, harness products
- Concept to production delivery support including design, debug, test, and qualification
- Develop Engineering Design Fixes, and Coordinate Solutions
- Support circuit design, component selection, procurement, and prototype hardware debug and builds
- Review and develop H/W and S/W requirement documents and test plans
- Strong record keeping skills with commitment to tracking design changes, debug status, H/W and S/W revisions
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with 5-7 years of applicable experience. Fewer years required with an advanced degree.
- Ability to lead small projects
- Ability to use Engineering Development and Test Tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
Knowledge in many, but not all, of the following areas desired
- vehicle harness design
- Digital and Analog circuit design including power and thermal analysis.
- schematic development, component selection, circuit simulation, and PCB layout
- microprocessor based products including processors, chipsets, memory and bus interfaces, networking standards (PCI-xpress, DDR2, DDR3, USB, SATA, DVI, etc...)
- HC12 Microcontrollers and x86, Power PC Single Board Computers
- industry interface standards and form factors (VITA42/46, COM Express, ETX, etc. ...)
- Networking Products, H/W, S/W, Switches, Routers, OSI layers
- Network Storage (NAS, SAN), Solid State and Rotating Drive technologies, Interfaces, and protocols (IDE, SATA, SCSI, ibre Channel, NFS)
- Serial Interconnects, USB, CAN, RS422/485, etc
-graphics/video interfaces (DVI, HDMI, RS-170, etc.)
- FPGA Design and Simulation, VHDL
- EMI/EMC design practices and standards.
- C, C++, VisualStudio (VB)
Sterling Heights, MI
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 335022
Posted Date: 8/10/2018