Mechanical Engineer - Painted Post, NY
OverTime: on a case by case basis
Scope of Position:
When GorillaGlass is applied to auto interior as display cover lens or decorative material, it must meet automotive industrys reliability requirements, such as Headform Impact Test (HIT) and other in-use reliability tests.
The mechanical engineer will work in the area of HIT for auto interior displays. This includes designing and conducting HIT experiments to generate data for customer requests and fundamental understanding.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Work as a mechanical engineer with a cross-functional development team to:
• Design of experiment for internal and external HIT projects
• Design of mounting structures and fixtures for experiments using CAD software
• Carry out HIT experiments with technicians
• Documentation of experiments and analysis for result
• Participate in team brainstorming for experimental plan and result
• Communication with local account teams for customer projects
• BS degree in mechanical engineering or related fields
• + 2 years of experience in related fields
Soft Skills (Communication/Team):
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work at all levels of the organization, understand/value and respect personality differences.
• Proactive at problem solving and preventive actions for future issues
• Rapid response for the fast-moving business
• Team player
Manager Must Haves:
• Knowledge of CAD software such as Solidworks and Autocad
• Deep understanding of mechanical structures and solid mechanics
• Ability to troubleshoot and improve test equipment and systems
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Effective communication skills in both verbal and written formats.
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
Painted Post, NY
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Painted Post, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 335109
Posted Date: 8/10/2018